kandp fixed..
I can’t tell you how fed up with Win2003 I am… we never had these problems with Win2000. we are really thinking to migrate win4 back to win2000. Would involve about 60min of downtime but that would solve all the issues
no advantage to you.. it was suppose to be an advantage to administrators - better security (win2003 is locked down), better stability with IIS6… but all that seems to be total crap to be honest. We’ve faced so many problems with win2003 in 1 month that we have not faced with win2000 in an entire year.
no chris.. all your sites are stable now because I isolated them, but thats not a permanent solution
Don’t worry, win2000 migration is pretty easy. Infact I think we can do this without any downtime at all.
I think migrating back to Win2000 is our only option to get out of these problems..
It has been nearly 24 hours that I know of, that approx 300 subscribers over 2 domains have no ability to accept orders online. Has a decision been reached regarding the switch back to 2000, so that SSL can again process. I am about to code the pages to post to http instead of https, which I believe is irresponsible on my part, but checkout pages and all https accessed pages will not display and people are getting very upset.
I appreciate the work that is going on, but if 2000 ensures that this issue, https, and that of the session timeouts is fixed and we get reliability, I really urge the powers that be to make a decision.
Yash - sessions are expiring again on all my domains. Not as bad as they were, but just occasionally. - seems I’m just one of a lot of people who are still losing financially over this. Do we have an update?
I know - I’ve about had a hernia over this.. but I’m not about to leave this forum until I know everythings working again. Maybe if I stare at this screen long enough, it will improve the situation…
Well, Sessions are expiring over here and driving me NUTS! and my clients NUTS. not to mention I have to make lame excuses to my clients why i am so unreliable. I need SSL activted as well becuause a client of mine needs his shared ssl and i cannot offer it to him which is delaying the entire process and I AM NOT GETTING PAID! P.S. Jodo just got my payment. :rolleyes:
[QUOTE=MAKhosting]
Well, Sessions are expiring over here and driving me NUTS! and my clients NUTS. not to mention I have to make lame excuses to my clients why i am so unreliable. I need SSL activted as well becuause a client of mine needs his shared ssl and i cannot offer it to him which is delaying the entire process and I AM NOT GETTING PAID! P.S. Jodo just got my payment. :rolleyes:
Please help!!!
[/QUOTE]
I thought sessions were holding, but I guess that’s why the orders have quit coming in again. Losing business like this is no joke.
Yash - I think this being such a major issue, we really deserve to be kept updated on this migration thing at least once every couple of hours. How about opening a thread on the Network Outages and Updates section?
-edit- my sessions do still seem to be holding, though the store administrator has just told me one quit on him after about 15 minutes. hit and miss again i guess - now, how about that update?!!