1-2k emails a day!

N

NewbieUser

i'm rather confused about the email filter settings. I submitted ticket about it, but they just turned on spam filter which did absolutely nothing. hoping maybe an experienced jodohost cp user can help me out here.

my problem is that my domain receives 1 to 2 thousand emails a day!

why?

well, everyone and their mother likes to input fake email addresses from time to time. Unfortunately, the domain i have is a 5 letter domain that can be typed with the 4 letters of the home row asdf. so any internet user just types in my domain as a fake domain, thus I receive registration, spam, anything and everything from random people all over the internet that have filled out forms with their email having my short domain.

is there a way to delete all the emails that "don't" come to a real email box? I do not see that option anywhere, and I can't seem to turn off the catchall feature.

I think you'll have to turn off the catch-all feature. Select the mailbox that gets all that mail and the first option is "Catch All". To the right of that, clear the check box and then go to the bottom and click Submit.

Back