553 sorry, that domain isn't allowed to be relayed thru this MTA

I am trying to send some emails this evening and they are all coming back saying the above error message? Is there any reason why this would be? I have sent no emails today apart from the ones that I am trying to send now?

I also have the mass mailing thingy should I need it so this cannot be the problem. my domain is tomfloate.me.uk and iostudios.co.uk

Please help!
Tom

Hello Tom,
Are you using SMTP Authentication to authenticate so you can send email?

Same problem here. Most e-mails this morning being returned with this error.

-------------------------------------------------------

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: <snip>
Sent: 3/16/2006 11:21 AM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'<snip>' on 3/16/2006 11:21 AM
553 sorry, that domain isn't allowed to be relayed thru this MTA (#5.7.1)

I am sending through outlook using the following:

mail.tomfloate.me.uk

does that help? I dont know if that is SMTP authentication or not?

I just started getting this error message today. I haven't changed my Outlook config, so I didn't check the tutorial. I *have* been getting lots of bounced emails to my catchall address -- it seems that spammers have been using my domain.

Any ideas on this?

Thx

I have a client getting a lot of these responses today, too, when sending mail from their own PC. The examples they've shown me seem to be for mails to AOL.com and Yahoo.com.
I'm not sure of what server or settings they're using just yet.

OK, I found another thread on here that recommended changing the email client settings for SMTP to "My outgoing server requires authentication". I did this in Outlook and it seems to be working now.

Not sure why the requirement changed, however.....

I've just started getting this problem... unfortunately I already had the smtp auth box checked, so thats not the issue....

Re: 553 sorry, that domain isn\'t allowed to be relayed thru this MTA

clients using \"aspEmail\" are having this problem.

Can they auth \"aspEmail\"?

It seems SMTPAuth is broken on Mail1.. we have been investigating this issue and we are hopeful to resolve it shortly

You can continue to SMTP without authentication also or you can use webmail

Back