Access to plans. Don't understand them too well

Dave96

Perch
Hey,

I currently have 5 linux plans, one of them called entry plan created for the soul purpose of allowing customers to try my hosting for a very cheap price.

I'd like it so that if someone registers to the entry package, he would only be able to upgrade to the 4 better plans an no longer be able to downgrade to entry hosting.

Is that possible? I think jodohost does the same with litehost reseller plan but i'm not sure.

im not sure on what i say but i think the only way to upgrade and downgrade through plans is to put them within a group

but you can downgrade also or upgrade so wont solve/do what you want.

not sure how possible this is but what about having the entry plan. and then you move them to the other group where they can down/upgrade between the plans in the 2nd group that doesn't hold the entry plan.

as i said im not sure on this though.

As you put the all 5 plans (entry level & 4 better plans) in a group, user will be able to upgrade and downgrade between these 5 plans.

You cannot isolate the entry level plan if it is a part of same group.

I'm looking to implement what you guys do with the reseller plans. Upgrading from litehost to valuehost is possible but the opposite is not.

How does jodohost do it?

Dave96 said:
I'm looking to implement what you guys do with the reseller plans. Upgrading from litehost to valuehost is possible but the opposite is not.
The opposite is possible at JodoHost :p

I asked a sales and they said no. I wanted to switch to valuhost and get the month free so it would be 2 months for 35$ which is equivalent to 2 months on lite host at 17.50 each but they said if you switch you cannot go back to litehost.

They probably meant that you aren't allowed to upgrade to ValueHost, get credited a month and then immediately switch back to LiteHost so you get effectively 2 months in credit :p

Downgrading from ValueHost to LiteHost under normal circumstances works just fine. I had to downgrade my ValueHost account (at least temporarely). I'm not a commercial reseller and I need my money for other things atm :O

Can anyone confirm that? Instead of paying 2 x 17.50 for litehost, i would upgrade to valuhost and get a month free and all that for 35$ which is the same.

http://support.jodoshared.com/showthread.php?t=4526

*UPGRADE* Reseller Special
Not to leave our existing customers behind, we are offering a limited-time UPGRADE special that allows any existing reseller to upgrade to the next plan and get 1 MONTH free after paying their first month on that plan. If you are an existing windows or linux customer and wish to signup for the ValueHost plan or above, the UPGRADE special will also apply to you. To apply for the Upgrade Special, resellers must email [email protected] after paying for the first month on their new plan.

Condition: You can not downgrade you plan for 4 months.

Back