Account setup: The dns record "mail.shellyjames.net" already exists?

Phurion

Perch
Registered a new domain with GoDaddy.com this morning for my wife, then went to sign up on one of my reseller plans and was given this error.

Code:
Failed to add Account xxxxxxxxxx
The dns record "mail.shellyjames.net" already exists. You can use a duplicate DNS record name only for MX records.

Looking up the host info for mail.shellyjames.net returns:

Code:
C:\>host mail.shellyjames.net

looking up host mail.shellyjames.net...

host name :  pop.where.secureserver.net
address   :  64.202.165.92

C:\>host 64.202.165.92

looking up host 64.202.165.92...

host name :  m1pop01-v01.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net
address   :  64.202.165.92
How can I get this record released to I can create the new site/account?

Hold the bus!

I think I see the problem. GoDaddy is jackin' some things up that I never had to contend with in the past.

Nope, still an issue.

Not sure why I'm having this problem now and never had it before. I registered the domain with GoDaddy.com, went through the signup process like I have with every other domain I have under my reseller account, but this time HSphere complained about the DNS record for the mail server.

I went ahead and changed DNS server info for the domain at GoDaddy, but it seems the record is still in effect.

Other changes I made were instant, so not sure why this particular bit of info isn't propagating with the same expediency.

What else should I look at/change?

If you are getting the error from Hsphere, it means it is help somewhere here, not at godaddy.

Did you add this at some point as a domain alias?

Nope, it's a brand new domain that I setup at both GoDaddy and here at JodoHost this morning for the very first time.

Please create a ticket, or just let me know the Hsphere cluster where you are adding this domain. Its a known bug.

Nope, it's a brand new domain that I setup at both GoDaddy and here at JodoHost this morning for the very first time.
We are trying to check it a bit here, may need to open a ticket. I cannot see this in Hsphere (to confirm what you said), so looks like there may be some mixup of sorts here that we need to diagnose.

Back