Adding a CNAME entry

aggie

Guppy
Has anybody added a subdomain, then changed the dns settings for the domain to have the subdomain point to another domain?

I did those steps, yet it is not working.
I also disabled web service for the subdomain. Doesn't make it work either. Wondering if I have to modify or delete some other entry in the DNS zones.
As my subdomain was listed with an A entry pointing to the IP of my domain. I deleted those too, but still it isn't working.

Anybody know what could be going wrong?

Thanks.

I get the folowing fail:
ERROR: Your nameservers disagree as to which version of your DNS is the latest (2006010218 versus 2006010220). This is OK if you have just made a change recently, and your secondary DNS servers haven't yet received the new information from the master.

you have to run your subdomain as a different report, as it is treated asa different domain :D

Itried, but I got the following error:
[ERROR: The parent servers say that the domain does not have any NS records (although they may have some other information on that zone). I can not do a DNS report on a hostname (such as mail.example.com) or a domain name that does not have its own zone.]

Oh, hrm, I could have sworn I had run a dnsreport on a subdomain in the past. Send in a ticket regarding it,and it may take some extra time, but we will get to the bottom of it, we might have to check the zonefiles manually there to see what is happening.

Thanks anyway.
I've already submitted a ticket this morning, but thought maybe someone had run into a similar situation and could help me out here.

Thanks again.

Back