Adobe FDF Toolkit

I opened a ticket to ask about this, but received this answer:

[Aug 18, 2004 7:23:58 AM]
A: Hi,

This component is not install on the server.just we have not problem to installing it. however it is a paid component.we do not have many requests to install it. so we can not consider it for time being.
Feel free to contact us for further assistance.

Regards
Satyendra

I responded back but have not heard anything, so I just thought I would throw it out here in case I was barking up the wrong tree.

Adobe's FDF Toolkit is a free resource toolkit that allows developers to create FDF docs for use with PDF forms. There is no cost for the toolkit and it is backed by a well known and respected large international corporation. I mean who has not heard of them. There is two DLL's that have to be registered on windows servers so that they can be used with ASP. Here is the link to the free download and more information about the toolkit: http://partners.adobe.com/asn/acrobat/forms.jsp

I could really use this for my projects. What do you think?

I am sorry, that was a very incorrect response. All component installation requests are suppose to be forwarded to me for review.

jatherton, we did consider installing Adobe PDF about a year ago but experienced issues with CPU usage. However, considering this is a new version, we'll definately give this a try and install it on your server. If it works out well, we'll install it on all servers

That is an acceptable answer. Please take a look at the link I provided and see what you can do. It would help me out a lot because I am familiar with it.

Thanks!

We'll install this in 4 hours from now. Our servers experience least load around then therefore allowing us to take it down for a few minutes for installation.

Did we get this installed and the components registered? I am still not able to run my scripts to create FDF documents for my PDf forms. Just wondering.

Hi jatheron. I am sorry, we were unable to perform the install last night as we were performing a different and important task on your server

We'll be doing this tomorrow night, same time. I've updated our schedule so this will definately be done

We do not perform such installs during the day because if a problem does develop during peak-time, it wouldn't be convenient at all.

Did the toolkit dll's get registered? I am not able to access the objects, so I would assume that means they have not been installed yet?

Rajneesh will install it in his shift 10 hrs from now. Sorry for this delay.

That is fine, I was just under the impression from Yash's post that it would get done last night. No problem, just waiting.

Cheers

We have registerd the DLLs for all ActiveX, C, PERL. Kindly check it and if there is an issue update us on the ticket.

:( I try to download the toolkit but it's impossible: insufficent privileges. Is there anyone that can give me?

Back