anonymous registration for domain Name

ricka0

Perch
I'm at your JodoHost new domain registration but I don't see the option to keep details private. GoDaddy lets you do that for an additional fee. My cust insists on anonymity. Do I need to purchase the Domain thru goDaddy to get privacy?

With a private ("unlisted") registration through Domains By JoeMaMa(our affiliate company), registering a domain name doesn't mean sacrificing your privacy.

www.dynonames.com/private-domain.htm

DirectI doesn't give this option as of now. So you can choose whatever domain registrar you want to go with.

It is not necessary for you to register your domain through JodoHost, in order to host it with us. A domain registrar not necessarily mean you are a reseller/customer of his hosting services although.

Thx - I went with goDaddy until you offer this service. Let us know when you get this, I'd rather do all my bussiness with Jodo.

Actually when you add privacy it's more. $14.90 vs GoDaddy $12.19

How easy is it to set up their nameservers to point to Jodo? It's really easy with godaddy.

If I didn't add privacy, it would be cheaper.
Also, price is not the bottom line - how reliable are their nameservers?

For example:
www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=rickaIT.com shows the company Yahoo hires has both name servers in the same building (bad idea) - ditto for my goDaddy nameservers.

I get mine from namecheap. at the moment special offer is free whois guard with every new domain. even without it, its still very cheap as i remember.

cheezyal said:
I get mine from namecheap. at the moment special offer is free whois guard with every new domain. even without it, its still very cheap as i remember.

Thanks for the tip. whois can not be blocked or guarded, all you can do is have a proxy registry (who then takes responsibility) - they are selling insurance. If they are doing this too cheap, they are attracting the type of criminals that will eventually lead to the proxy service going out of bussiness and exposing your information.

see www.icann.org/faq/#whois

Neither aplus.net or namecheap is registered with ICANN
goDaddy is one of the leading registers ( I'm not endorsing them ). Neither goDaddy or Jodo makes much money on registration, so ultra cheap sites should be viewed cautiously.

I do need to find a cheaper registrar - I just need to do my homework. Perhaps one of the above suggestions will work.

I did extensive research to find the best hosting company (Jodo :) ) - I'm just too busy right now to investigate registars.

aplus.net is names4ever, you'll probably find that name as an ICANN registrar.

I've never used aplus.net myself, but I know several that do and none have complained about the service as of yet.

With so many registrars available, you have plenty to choose from ;)

thanks. Yes, I need to do my homework. I'll probably try one of the two suggested. Even goDaddy isn't listed at ICANN as goDaddy.

--ricka

I use both Namecheap and goDaddy but I don't like what goDaddy does of sending out email newlsetters to domain owners offering them other goDaddy services like web hosting, web email, etc.

Even their website shows their other services so if your customer visits their site they would surely notice them.

I also use namecheap (enom) only because they give the free whois protection, and because I don't have to give enom 100 bucks to my reseller account each time I run low... sometimes I don't buy domains for months.

Sorry I was un clear about that... I use NameCheap.com most of the time unless I have 100 bucks that I won't miss then I use enom and save a 90 cents or so per domain.

www.namecheap.com

STATUS ----- MORE INFO
ERROR ------- Unable to find result at this time

That makes me very nervous.
Guess I have to pay more someplace else.
It comes up available at GoDaddy
I'll use Jodo and see how that works.

Since this cust doesn't want to hide, NameCheapO is actually more than Jodo or goDaddy for a .com

--ricka

Re: registration for domain Name

Jodo was a little more work than Godaddy, but that's probably because I've done so many thru goDaddy. I've finally figured out why I can't log into the Domain Control Panel - I didn't have an account:) Domin Login appears to be disconnected from my reseller accnt which is sorta disconnected from my customer accounts (since none of my customers ever log in - I'm the only one using the cust accnt)

I'm delighted to throw a few cent's to Jodo for all the expert support they've given me.

Back