Anonymous Support + Cerberus Customization

Hi,

I'm interested in using your anonymous support system, but I feel I need more control over the Cerberus Helpdesk; specifically the Knowledgebase.

Would it be possible to implement my own Cerberus Helpdesk then route all support tickets to your support system?

Thank you.

Unfortunately, we couldn't implement a separate helpdesk for you unless you want to take care of your support by yourself.

It would be very difficult if our staff were to check hundreds of individual helpdesks for tickets

Apart from the knowledgebase, I see no other way the system is limiting

My experience has taught me that a good knowledgebase means an informed customer, a happy customer, and less time spent answering support tickets; and if I use the anonymous support system you are offering my customers will no longer have access to the knowledgebase I've created in H-Sphere. Of course, I could offer a knowledgebase elsewhere on my site, but that could get confusing for my customers who see links to a knowledgebase on their support ticket system but no knowledge contained within.

I asked because of this statement found here: "Your clients could also submit tickets via email to an email address similar to this: [email protected]. Emails to this address are accepted as tickets and are put in the support queue. The client would receive an email giving them their ticket ID and the estimated response time."

Is it not possible for me to install my own version of Cerberus and route the support queries via email, as stated above?

Also, when you started offering anonymous reseller support services the support links within H-Sphere began opening in a new window. I can understand this if I was taking advantage of the Cerberus Help Desk, but I'm not at the moment and I don't care for the pop-up. Can this be resolved?

I asked this question on March 26th, 2005 (see ticket #NPV-50978-464) and never received a response.

Thanks

You can setup your own cerberus helpdesk, no problem. We have unlimited helpdesk licenses as well so you can license one directly from us as well.

But if you want a separate helpdesk, you'd need to do your own support.

As far as the Support Redirector goes, as a reseller you can enable it or disable it from your Reseller Admin CP. Go to 3rd party Tools.

We are already offering anonymous support services FYI.

Also, the hsphere popup on support desk has been happening since the first 2.4 release, one of the things I don't like about 2.4 :(

Since we can't customize the interface, would it be possible to eliminate the logos in the graphic header of the support center for everyone? I think it's confusing to see "Web Media Group" and "Cerberus" at the top since most users will have no clue what that is, they might think they're on another site. Replacing those two logos with an ambiguous statement like "24x7 Support Center" centered in that space would be better IMO. Then I can wrap that window in a frame and not have three logos fighting for attention.

What do other reseller think?

i have to agree. its best to have no logos or miscalanious ones

the number of hosts that do put there support to a 3rd party.

i know we sort of are.. but its not dedicated off company.. support all aspects...

basicly as that is a bit confusing i thikn yes it should be different

So how much would it cost us to run the help desk on our site and support our clients by our self? I love the helpdesk just not the idea of offering personal support.

Back