Any chances to get ubuntu/debian?

mamcx

Perch
I'm triying to setup the popular django framework(http://www.djangoproject.com/) under the VPS, one of the available python stack (together with turbogears and CherryPy/Quixote)

And, despite all my efforts and the help of the Jodo team... I never imagine this can be so hard...

In part, exist a lack the updated packages for CentOS 3 and is necesary recompile a lot of things. Despite I increase the RAM and install yum, apt, easy_install and setup the dag repositories adter 2 weeks I'm unable to get the site running :(

I'm very impressed with the support from Jodo, but not with their choice of Linux distro. The same thing under ubuntu take two hours maximun...

I know that their choice of CentOS 3 is not "hey, chosee it because we like it" but maybe because reliabity or expertise with it.

So, is possible in the near future be able to chosee other distro? Or at least CentOS 4?

the VPS platform requires special kernels, of which unbuntu/debian is not a part.

We have some centos4 servers, but they are not used for VPS, and we have encountered some problems with them in systems with large amounts of ram(over 2GB, as all ours are)

Back