Aol

snooper

Perch
hi all

we were told recently that mail sent from jodo wont be accepted, because of new filters that for some odd reason are branding all mail from Jodo as spam, and gets bounced back.

i have started telling all my clients' users that we cannot send to AOL anymore.
some confirm that they have indeed not reecived our mail in the recent past, some say they have, but its in their spam folder.

can someone pls confirm what actually happens?

also, after telling our AOL subscribers that they must pressure AOL, i've been told to call the number 703 265 4670 to speak to AOL about the situation. can someone check this out pls (from Jodo?) ...i'm abroad - it might land up being just an issue of who to speak to, like with the long att.net ban that suddenly disappeared after i (!) found the right person there.

thanks in advance

Snooper

I never said such a thing. I just said that if you are forwarding email to AOL, please do not report it as SPAM since AOL misinterprets that email as coming from our server

Our mail is being accepted by AOL. But if the customer has aggressive mail filters, it would go to the spam folder.

We already have talked with AOL in the past (with their abuse department). If you have any specific AOL problem, please submit a specific ticket detailing that

Some customers are infact continuining to send newseletters etc. to AOL addresses without issues.

Just looking into this issue more thoroughly. It appears that some of our email is being identified as SPAM by AOL and being put in the spamfilter due to a rDNS issue.

We are fixing that issue..

wow, it seems that Level3 removed rDNS on our mail server IP.

We are working on it.

That is 99% causing AOL to brand us as spam

been 10 hours and reverse DNS for the mail server is still non-functional.

Giving another phone call to Level3. We are quite upset with them over this

Level3 said that they had enabled it 10 hours ago, and that it seems that it somehow got disabled again

They just called up appologizing for it and re-enabled reverse dns for the mail server IP. They have asked everyone including the guys on the next shift to monitor it.

Their DNS expert comes on monday so by then, hoping that this reverse DNS issue is fixed. Once its fixed, AOL should not brand email from us as SPAM

rDNS is now properly working

And from the few emails I have sent, they were received perfectly at AOL

Back