Applying payments from PayPal

xscott

Perch
How do you apply a credit to an account when they are paying through PayPal. With PayPal I am getting an email from them saying I got paid. It is not crediting the account. Do I have to do this manually. Just getting started with this billing thing.

The answer is Yes. web payment(Paypal,2Checkout etc.) are not fully automatic in Hsphere. Only Credit Card is fully automatic.

Ravi,
It can be automated as well but we haven't automated it because of possible interference with domain payments. But this is something I'll look into.

I believe even 2Checkout can now be automated with version2 that has been released

ive attached a screenshot of (wot looks like) an automatic paypal crediting

which is why i prosumed it automaticlly credits users accounts

paypal.gif

Did anyone get an opportunity to look into PayPal IPN notifications. Is it working?

Thanks for your help.

scotty 32 and we also have the IPN working.. admitddilly we haven't tested it but it should work.

to activate it .. go into paypal

then

Profile --> instant Paym,ent Notification Preferences

then enter your CP address like the below

cp.emagineservers.co.uk:80/ psoft/servlet/psoft.hsphere.payment.PayPalServlet

changing the server (emagineservers.co.uk) apart from the space that is bwtween the 80/ and Psoft, also require http:// before the URL

scotty 32 can i confirm that yours IPN URL in Paypal is like the above URL .. and that is all you did to activate it.

we haven't used it but if its the same as yours it should be ok :D

thanx in advanced

WebGuy emailed me (i think) after me made that post and i emailed back so i never posted here

but yes, it works, as my screenshot shows

but Emagine your link is wrong

i dont think i acctually included the :8080 part as Jodohost have stopped using it so i left that part out

so:
cp.emagineservers.co.uk/ psoft/servlet/psoft.hsphere.payment.PayPalServlet

i believe would be the correct link

cheers.. i had that URL.. when it used to be that way. i actually posted just one 80 that is the same as none at all so its ok. port 80 = just domain

same with 443

Hi, this works for me...
except when the process is finished the customer see this:

Your payment has been processed successfully

Thats it, yet on previou sign up page it says will be directed to login page.

How can I edit this message to say?:

Your payment has been processed successfully
Please check your email account for your login & password information.

Or words to that effect

Thanx

unfortently you wont be able to edit the text.

jodo could and it'd be nice if they did.

but if you had "check your email for your login & password" it'd show for ALL not just new customers.

My IPN has been working since day one. I have not yet applied one payment manually, everything is automated :D.

Automatic crediting has stopped working for me for some reason. Nothing has changed except add 3 month duration to all my plans. My customers are getting the paypal servlet link sent to them when the account is due, but when the payment is made it is no longer crediting the account. I know they are following the link cause the payment recipt shows there account number.
Anyone else experiencing this?

Could Jodo not change the page to something like

Thank you for your payment, your account has been credited. Please click Here to return to the control panel

with 'Here' taking them back 5 or 6 steps in History? Just a thought?

cca said:
Automatic crediting has stopped working for me for some reason. Nothing has changed except add 3 month duration to all my plans. My customers are getting the paypal servlet link sent to them when the account is due, but when the payment is made it is no longer crediting the account. I know they are following the link cause the payment recipt shows there account number.
Anyone else experiencing this?

So, no-one having same problem with ipn automation? This has failed on the last 2 occasions.

Back