ASP app sometimes failing to connect to SQL db

antic

Perch
There was a thread about this a while ago, but I can't find it.

My ASP app is set up to record ASP errors and to email me when they occur. 25 times over the last 3 months, the app has failed to connect to the SQL db. The latest was on 14-Aug-2006 9:24am GMT. Given the servers are in Florida, which is -4 GMT, that means 5:24am.

I realise that some of these errors could be the result of SQL server maintenance, or other network maintenance windows, but I didn't think there was one at this last time.

What could be the reason for these occasional (roughly twice a week) failures to connect? The error occurs right on the Open method of the ADO Connection object.

please send me a PM with destination SQL server and I will check scheduled tasks.

Stephen, another SQL connection error detected today.

MSSQL5

19-Aug-2006 3:10am GMT
(18th Aug 11:10pm your time I believe)

Does this coincide with some server maintenance?

I was still monitoring this for you :) Thanks for letting me know the time will check, that is about 11pm which is when backups start, but I will verify this from logs. It may be at the start of backup for a specific db that ti fails, possibly the master. It should not, but it is slight possibility.

looks like this may be at the point the backup software does a hard disk sector scan, but I will check more tomorrow at the time the backup starts(it varies a bit, can be between 11pm and 3:45am)

Back