ASP.NET folder permissions

Seb

Guppy
Hi guys,
I don't know if anyone on windows VPS experienced that before.

I run an asp.net 2.0 App on my VPS. That application execute an Active X that requires full trust.

Before I had plesk installed it worked ok, I gave full trust to the App and it was all running to perfection.

Since I manage IIS with Plesk I get an error :
Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {56845FA7-95A5-4810-A924-C5B60A3686D2} failed due to the following error: 80070005.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {56845FA7-95A5-4810-A924-C5B60A3686D2} failed due to the following error: 80070005.

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

To grant ASP.NET access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the boxes for the desired access.

I granted ASP.NET to the folder but I still get the same error message.

Do you think it could be something to do with Plesk or I should look at something else ?

If you are using Plesk on the VPS then Log in your Plesk and to

Domain > <your domain> > Hosting > asp.net > Code Access Security

Change here the trust level to Full trust.

It should work.

After this still if it gives error then run the plesk reconfiguration it will check for permission errors and rectify that.

I granted full trust & done reconfiguration but I still have the same problem.
I'll keep looking, any suggestions welcome.

Fixed :)
It was an asp.net bin trying to use a windows com object, and I gave you how I fixed in the ticket. And I could not read a word of the install documents that came with the API the english version would not load, just went by my extensive history with com objects.

Back