ASPEMAIL from Persits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we get ASPEMAIL installed from Persits? It is a free COM object for sending email via ASP scripts. I noticed it is not installed or is Jmail.

Thank you for your time.

Markey

We'll do this in the morning. Thanks for suggesting it

We have purchased ASPMail from ServerObjects by the way

ASPMail is another good one but many scripts support ASPEMAIL because it is free and allows for more features than CDONTS and I just hater having Microsoft viewing all sent emails so I won't use CDOSYS...

Thank you.

Also another good free COM object is AspHelp Simple Upload. A lot of people use this as well in development.

Thanks again Yash!

MarkeyHost said:
ASPMail is another good one but many scripts support ASPEMAIL because it is free and allows for more features than CDONTS and I just hater having Microsoft viewing all sent emails so I won't use CDOSYS...

Thank you.

what do you mean with microsoft viewing all emails when using CDOSYS?

AspEmail is successfully installed on all windows servers.
Please check it.

Cheers!!

MarkeyHost said:
Can we get ASPEMAIL installed from Persits? It is a free COM object for sending email via ASP scripts. I noticed it is not installed or is Jmail.

Thank you for your time.

Markey

well, it's nice that ASPEmail is installed now... (it would have been nicer if i had it last week before i spent all day converting mail forms over to stupid CDOSYS...)

ok, how do I access aspmail and do i even need to? I am no expert on the mail, but i guess i should know what this is. All I know is that I wish my customers had something better to use than the crappy mail program that is installed. SQWebMail - mail client. is aspmail supposed to be a new mail client for this? Someone clue me in. thanks.

Hi,

I try to use this code

<%
' change to address of your own SMTP server
strHost = "mail.my-win-host.com"
If Request("Send") <> "" Then
Set Mail = Server.CreateObject("Persits.MailSender")
' enter valid SMTP host
Mail.Host = strHost

Mail.From = Request("From") ' From address
Mail.FromName = Request("FromName") ' optional
Mail.AddAddress Request("To")

' message subject
Mail.Subject = Request("Subject")
' message body
Mail.Body = Request("Body")
strErr = ""
bSuccess = False
On Error Resume Next ' catch errors
Mail.Send ' send message
If Err <> 0 Then ' error occurred
strErr = Err.Description
else
bSuccess = True
End If
End If
%>

<HTML>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
<% If strErr <> "" Then %>
<h3>Error occurred: <% = strErr %>
<% End If %>
<% If bSuccess Then %>
Success! Message sent to <% = Request("To") %>.
<% End If %>
<FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="Simple.asp">
<TABLE CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=2 BGCOLOR="#E0E0E0">
<TR>
<TD>From (enter sender's address):</TD>
<TD><INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="From"></TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD>FromName (optional, enter sender's name):</TD>
<TD><INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="FromName"></TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD>To: (enter one recipient's address):</TD>
<TD><INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="To"></TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD>Subject:</TD>
<TD><INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="Subject"></TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD>Body:</TD>
<TD><TEXTAREA NAME="Body"></TEXTAREA></TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD COLSPAN=2><INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" NAME="Send" VALUE="Send Message">
</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>
</FORM>
</BODY>
</HTML>

When I use mail host on windows server (Jodohost).. it not work BUT it work when i change it to other mail servers that are not on windows.. eg my other domain on linux server (Not Jodohost)

Any ideas??

Hi

I can't say what the exact issue is from here. Please submit a ticket and we'll promptly look into it

I am writing this beacause I have had a LOT of trouble with the ServerObjects AspMail component installed on win6. It does not work consistently. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have left trouble tickets regarding this problem but have not received a valid OR timely response. So much for the 60 minute support. I left a trouble ticket about 10 hours ago and still no response.

I will switch to Persits AspEmail now that it is installed to see if it is more reliable.

I would still challenge JodoHost support to fix this problem and to live up to its claim of 60 minutes response. It seems that I always have to post a nasty forum letter to get any kind of response from jodohost.

MrDoJo said:
Hi,

I try to use this code

When I use mail host on windows server (Jodohost).. it not work BUT it work when i change it to other mail servers that are not on windows.. eg my other domain on linux server (Not Jodohost)

Any ideas??
MrDoJo,

You might want to try:

strHost = "localhost"

Instead of:

strHost = "mail.my-win-host.com"

tonto said:
I am writing this beacause I have had a LOT of trouble with the ServerObjects AspMail component installed on win6. It does not work consistently. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have left trouble tickets regarding this problem but have not received a valid OR timely response. So much for the 60 minute support. I left a trouble ticket about 10 hours ago and still no response.
In another thread, JH has indicated that there is an intermittent problem with mail components (specifically jmail) authenticating with the mail server if you use mail.mydomain.com as your SMTP server. The workaround is to use jmail's authentication features to have the jmail authenticate with the server as you using your account prior to trying to send mail. This seems to eliminate the intermittent problem. It would seem logical to think this is not component dependant and that a similar solution should be used when using ASPEmail or ASPMail.

Alternatively you can use localhost as your SMTP server.

I too would like to challenge JH to fix the root cause, but a reliable workaround is good enough for me in this case.

Logan,

Thanks for the reply. I was using "localhost" when I started having the problems. I have actually since switched to mail.(mailserver).com and am using Persits AspEmail and {so far} there hasn't been a problem.

To my knowledge neither Persits or ServerObjects supports authentication. I'll have to read up on if they now support this.

Thanks again.

Our 60 minute average is an average response times to average questions. it is not a guarantee and more complicated issues will take longer to resolve.

The issue that we are facing is an open relay issue inside our networks. The mail server is suppose to allow open relay from the web servers but that isn't happening some time. We are trying to determine the parameters that cause it.

Please use localhost or SMTP with authentication for mail.yourdomain.com. Both are fixes.

Yash said:
Please use localhost or SMTP with authentication for mail.yourdomain.com. Both are fixes.
Correction: Both are workarounds. Fixes is when you find the root cause and permanently resolve the problem.

Logan, very few hosts allow relay between our mail and web servers. A proper solution would be to use localhost or SMTP authentication. Both are fixes to this issue and we will be working to get open relay to work properly

Yash said:
Logan, very few hosts allow relay between our mail and web servers. A proper solution would be to use localhost or SMTP authentication. Both are fixes to this issue and we will be working to get open relay to work properly
Semantics, I know, but... They may be better solutions, but they are not fixes to the problem, only work arounds. Check your ITIL definitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back