ASPMail STMP Server?

If I am using a ASPMail form on my website, what SMTP server do I need to specify?

My domain is bj-testserver.com and I have set up an email account via Plesk as [email protected] I already tried my VPS IP address, as well as "localhost" and "mail.bj-testserver.com" - none seem to work. Could this indicate the ASPMail compoent is not installed even though the website is not returning any errors on submitting the form?

Also in the addRecipent tag, can this be any email account or does it have to be on the same domain?

The asp page is as follows;

Code:
Set Mail = Server.CreateObject("SMTPsvg.Mailer")      'create an Asp mail component.
Mail.FromName   = Request.Form("YourName")
Mail.FromAddress= Request.Form("email")
Mail.RemoteHost = "[B][what do I put here?][/B]"          ' The mail server you have to use with Asp Mail
Mail.AddRecipient "Rob Webmaster", "[email protected]"
Mail.Subject    = "Website - Advertise Page"
Mail.BodyText   = "Contact Name : " & request.form("YourName") & _ 
Chr(13) & Chr(10) & "Business Name : " & Request.Form("Business") & _ 
Chr(13) & Chr(10) & "Role In Business : " & Request.Form("Role") & _ 
Chr(13) & Chr(10) & "Email Address : " & Request.Form("email") & _ 
Chr(13) & Chr(10) & "265x60 : " & Request.Form("265") & _ 
Chr(13) & Chr(10) & "700x75 : " & Request.Form("700") & _ 
Chr(13) & Chr(10) & "Text : " & Request.Form("Text") & _ 
Chr(13) & Chr(10) & "Message Board Ref : " & Request.Form("mbmem") & _ 
Chr(13) & Chr(10) & "Information : " & _
Request.Form("Info")
if Mail.SendMail then
 ' Response.Write "Your mail has already been sent..."
else
 ' Response.Write "Mail send failure. Error was " & Mail.Response
end if 
%>

Thank you for your continuing assistance. I have also raised a ticket if that is easier. I hope this post also helps others!

Hi Ross

Thanks for the suggestions.

Unfortunetly I have several forms on my site which are written in ASPMail, so I want to avoid having to change them all. Also I do already own an ASPMail licience.

Kind Regards.

Hello,

DO you have ASPMail installed now? If not feel free to send me an email and I will do it for you.

Hi Stephen.

Yes, I've got it installed. Its turned out via a ticket I raised that it has expired - I didn't realise that it would expire that quickly, I only purchased a few days ago.

I have purchased a copy, but they have failed to send me my registration key despite repeated requests. Very annoying. Guess I'm stuck until they pull their finger out!

Yes, their software has a set expire date and they only update the file every 6 months or longer, so if you get near the end of the period its a tiny period of working time.

I think Neeraj is assisting you in registering did you get the code to use the registration utility?

I got the registration program. Thank you for that.

Unfortunetly they have yet to send me the registration code, so I assume there is nothing I can do for the moment, which is annoying as its the last thing I need to sort out before moving the Balearic-Jobs.com site.

I have sent an email off (oppose to using their automated email system) enclosing my request and invoice/purchase number. Hopefully I will get a response soon.

Thank you again for your help.

Back