Authenticating with LDAP (Active Directory) and ASP

Dave

Perch
I currently have a database table that I use to secure web pages. The login page checks the username and password then redirects to the requested secure page, or to a login failed message.

I am trying to use LDAP to do the same thing.

Does anyone have any ASP code, or know where I might find ASP code, to create a login page that interacts with Active Directory (LDAP)?

I've found some information, but this LDAP thing is completely new to me, so I'm having a bit of a hard time figuring out exactly how it works.

Thanks very much for any help that can be provided.

Dave

Dave said:
Does anyone have any ASP code, or know where I might find ASP code, to create a login page that interacts with Active Directory (LDAP)?

I don't think that you can check LDAP with just ASP code. At work they use a custom DLL to do this, so I'm guessing that just ASP code won't work. If you do find something, please let me know cause this would be something I would be interested in.

I'm pretty sure it can be done. I believe you only need a custom DLL if you don't have Active Directory installed, or want to use a 3rd party LDAP control instead of Microsoft's. Someone gave me code today that did the authentication in PHP. I've been given code on how to do it with ColdFusion. I don't know PHP, so can't really even read it. I can understand ColdFusion, but can't figure out how to convert it to the equivalent ASP code.

I'll pass along the ASP code if I get it working.

Back