Automatic Forwarding of Email

Forgive me if this question has been asked and answered here before OR if it is stated somewhere else in the faqs or help. I searched for the last couple of days and could not find an answer so here I am.

Is it possible to set an email address/account to automatically forward all incoming emails (for a particular email address) to another account/email address?

In my particular case this is beneficial, because the email address stays the same but the person that receives the email may change year to year (youth soccer club). In the past I used iMail and was able too, but I regret that I have been unable to find a way to do it with this system.

Thanks in advance for your help.

jatherton said:
Forgive me if this question has been asked and answered here before OR if it is stated somewhere else in the faqs or help. I searched for the last couple of days and could not find an answer so here I am.

Is it possible to set an email address/account to automatically forward all incoming emails (for a particular email address) to another account/email address?

In my particular case this is beneficial, because the email address stays the same but the person that receives the email may change year to year (youth soccer club). In the past I used iMail and was able too, but I regret that I have been unable to find a way to do it with this system.

Thanks in advance for your help.

In control panel, go to the domain and click the icon to edit email settings. At the bottom, you will see a link to "Add a mail resource" (perhaps it doesn't say that exactly, but you'll find it). From the dropdown, select "mail forward" and follow along.

Hey, jatherton, what club is it?

riley

AFAIK you can only do this after deleting any mailbox under that name, which is somewhat unfortunate. You will have to delete any mailbox and recreate the resource as a forward, after which the target address(es) can be edited.

If the person in question needs a mailbox, the best way to go about it would be to create a mailbox under his own name, and change the forward to send mail to this mailbox. Alternatively you could use an Alias for this, but that would only work for local mailboxes, not any forwards to remote addresses you might need.

Thanks for the quick responses. I at least now no where to get started.

And the club in question is Quest Youth Soccer Club, located out of Deer Park - La Porte - Pasadena, Texas (Houston).

Thanks again! :D

Back