bandwidth

I would really love if the shared accounts had higher bandwidth, a lot of hosts are providing 100GB bandwidth these days on shared accounts, and to upgrade to that much here would be very costly.

Especially with the highest shared accounts.. you can host 15 sites but only have 25GB of tranfer. That is almost impossible.

Many of these hosts oversell their bandwidth many many times.

We want to maintain a reasonably high quality of service and overselling our bandwidth could lead to saturation or slow transfer speeds. This is something we wish to avoid.

We believe 25GB is quite a bit of bandwidth for popular websites. If you need more bandwidth, check out our semi-dedicated windows plans. You get 150GB of bandwidth in them

I'd have to agree that there's somewhat of a gap between the semi dedicated plans and shared hosting.
This gap is partially filled by reseller accounts. They have more bandwidth for your money...

It might be prudent to introduce a high bandwidth shared hosting package, for people who don't want to do the extra work in setting up and don't need to suck up several dedicated IPs and CP licenses ;)

The semi-dedicated plans are like any windows plans, its just that there are no more than 10 to 20 accounts on them.

You can upgrade directly from you standard plan.

I think our diskspace/bandwidth allocations are very reasonable. Companies these days are competing solely on who offers more disk space or bandwidth, driving the amount some companies offer to ridiculous and unsustainable levels in the long term.

We use no cogent bandwidth, we use premium tier-1 providers and you get excellent network speeds. What else do you want? :)

The reseller plans work on a different model and hence they get more bandwidth at a lower price.

However, let me say that you can expect a revision in bandiwdth/diskspace quotas towards the end of this year, not now however.

im not complaining about anything, i love everything else about the packages offered at jodo..

I just wish i could transfer all my domains here because i hate working with more than one host...

it is just tough when i have sites that use large amouts of bandwidth a month soley on the amount of hits they get.. but at the same time they do not drain the server so i dont require anything more "powerful" than a shared account.

and if i were to get something that cost 150 bucks a month here i would want much more than 150gb of transfer.

Back