be anonymous

I just checked IP whois and found ACCELERATEBIZ.COM
onw our IP,which is fine. what is NO GOOD is that ACCELERATEBIZ.COM is a working website,which would lead our cutomers/competitors to step into our business.

Many good reseller hosts provide good anonymosity, could you do the same here?

I am aware ACCELERATEBIZ.COM offer mosr costly price, but it is stil bad for our company image

ARIN is going to be SWIPing those IPs to us, so WhoIS will be showing JodoHost as their owner soon.

You can always explain your relationship with JodoHost as that of taking dedicated servers or sourcing your network. For us, being able to own the IPs is very important. We'd had enough of the morons at Level3. No more rDNS issues.. no more of them nill-routing IPs whenever they want.. no more downtime due to them... We get better IP security as well, more routing options and flexibility

Acceleratebiz owns the datacenter where we colocate our servers. The owner there is a good friend of mine and both of us do business together, we launched newservers.com recently

so, in the future, it will show "JODOHOST"?

wow this is NOT making things better. It is a direct highway for our competitors. Why not showing your other registered company name in your local area? I know such as httpme, now they own their own IPs, but never show httpme on whois database...

we have not initiated the process yet... But I'll keep this in mind..

I'll see if we can switch it to a neutral company

Thanks a lot

I will see how things go before we involve more here.
to be anonymous is really crucial for many resellers.

We reseller grow up , you grow up too... :D

Showing Jodohost on whois results would be very bad especially when you promote complete anonymity. The fist tool someone uses usually is whois and that would directly show who is our reseller.

I think having a neutral company name would be great.

Dave96 said:
I think having a neutral company name would be great.

It?s fundamental, really.
Believe me guys, you?ll get yourself a seriously ongoing never-ending headache...having to forever go back on the subject...and explain yourself again and again (to no avail :D )
Cause, there is always new people, and everybody is looking for the same thing.

Showing Jodo in there, is a big no no.

Atul said:
I have another company, we will register in its name.

Yeah! Somewhere resellers are heard.
Thank you Atul, for listening and keeping a true open line to your customers.

It?s hard to grow and keep that way.
Surely you will keep pulling customers from other hosts.

Congrats!

Good :)
Otherwise we might as well drop the whole dedicated IPs for DNS servers thing. WHOIS'ing an IP isn't much harder than WHOIS'ing a domain name :)

Why not proxy the owner of the domain?

Or is that considered a no-no... Do folks think you are trying to hide something when you have proxied whois information?

I first decided to use Jodo because they told me name servers where also private. I know anyone can get at least to see the name server IPs are shared between different domains including m****here.biz.
Is there a way to avoid this?
Thank you very much.

Yash said:
Acceleratebiz owns the datacenter where we colocate our servers. The owner there is a good friend of mine and both of us do business together, we launched newservers.com recently

by the way, check the newservers.com without www - gets forwarded to CP .... just so u know

Yea, a couple of messed up issues...

I don't get it why the IPs are not showing that they are located in the US...aybe a jodo staff can explain better.

Back