Be nice to Yash and team Day!

Nathan

Perch
I often wonder how Yash and team cope with so many negative or critical posts on this forum? I too run a forum for our travel guide, and whenever I read a post that is critical of me or my site or business, it is depressing. I usually react by turning off the PC and taking a large beer. Thankfully due to the nature of our site and business this is rare. But on the JH these posts are becoming all too common.

I've hosted my sites with JH for about a year now. Yes, the servers have had their moments (I'm on Win5!) and the time the hard-discs corrupted themselves I was on holiday - it caused me grief, nearly a marriage, but I have stayed. (I would be the first to agree that my sites are not mission critical and in fact they are not my main business. If my main business was reselling hosting using JH, then I might feel different.)

But, hey. My previous hosts were much worse. I've had 5 They might not have had as many idivdual downtimes, but at least at JH, problems are fixed quickly. With my previous hosts any problems took days to fix. At one stage I was without my sites for over a week!

If I were to move from JH and try another host, I am sure i would be back here very quickly.

So to Yash and team, enjoy your day.
Thanks for all the work you do. The sun is shinning, I have a beer in my hand and life is great.

Cheers everyone.

Nathan

PS Yash, could you take a look at ticket 8899000 ;)
Just kidding!

I have been through 4 hosts before JodoHost and, in that context, I am very pleased. In any case, we would all do well to treat others the same way you want them to treat you. I'm not suggesting that we be so timid that we don't report problems... but let's be sure to report them in a kind manner. A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. People react better to kind words.

I am not now and have never been a big sports person, but I played Lacrosse for three years in High School to see if I could change that about myself. I observed something interesting about myself during my first season. I played defense and all the defense guys would practice drills together, like throwing and catching the ball. There was this one guy that would always get visibly and verbally angry whenever I would make a mistake like not catching the ball. I suppose he was trying to encourage me to improve. However, it ended up kinda depressing me and making me think I was just a bad player. The interesting part was that, on the days that this angry guy would miss practice, I would notice that my performance and accuracy would dramatically improve. The next day when he came back, I would play more poorly.

Like I said, I've never been a sports person. Maybe a sports person would simply tell me that I am a wimp and that I should have sucked it up. Whatever. I have grown up since then and am not quite as sensitive to what everyone else thinks. My point is that people tend to thrive in an environment where they are not constantly being beaten down. I try to keep that in mind in the way I treat others. I hope I haven't been too harsh with anyone in this forum.

Keep up the good work JodoHost team.

Nathan said:
I often wonder how Yash and team cope with so many negative or critical posts on this forum? I too run a forum for our travel guide, and whenever I read a post that is critical of me or my site or business, it is depressing. I usually react by turning off the PC and taking a large beer. Thankfully due to the nature of our site and business this is rare. But on the JH these posts are becoming all too common.

gotten used to it :) Will complete my second year with JodoHost in a few months from now...

It was probably saddening earlier, gotten used to it. Have understood that there will always be criticism.

Don't forget Atul here. He puts in alot of hours working for JodoHost and its day to day issues

It shouldn't matter whether the site is mission critical or not. Dealing with all the problems we have had over the past year and a half, there have been many times where we had to spend a great deal of time ensuring that our sites were working (which includes components or other services). Luckily the problems for me have been so minor since February of this year that I can't complain for the most part.

I am sure that some of us are doing this as a hobby (as are some of my sites) but when I am paying money (regardless of amount) and a company advertises a service, I expect that service, if they cannot provide these services then change/update policies and/or pricing. I hold companies accountable to their policies and expect a high level of customer service because I do the same for the people I do business with. This is the way I was raised.

Regardless of the purpose of the site, when we cannot do what keeps us happy (in the case of hobbies) we start to lose our enjoyment in life. If the sites are for business the stress is even greater. I am not saying that JH doesn't have stress either but hey, they are the ones in business and that is the cost of doing business with the public unfortunately. That is reality.

Also, if people don't express the things that they are unhappy about, how is a company to improve and grow? I think JH has grown a great deal and has done a great deal of improving over the past couple of years. Some of it was a direct result of customers expressing their desires AND frustrations.

As for appreciation, I am not against giving praise. I just recently gave praise over the improved communication because I started to see announcements increasingly being sent via email notifying us customers. Unfortunately I also see a lot of flip-flopping happening which erodes my trust and it takes a long time to built it back. The Win 5 disk change for example. No email was sent out. I haven't verified if that is the only email that was not sent out but it makes me question things. Yash stated it was a mistake and that is understandable that things will happen but forgiving is not the same as trusting.

I also think that a customer focused company would have higher accountability where things like this are concerned. I notice that things are rarely followed up on and we have to constantly remind JH by asking questions (like the geo ip issue with AWstats, for example, only to find out that there was information available that was not forwarded on to us. This is one of MANY issues that I have requested updates on sometimes months later because many things just keep getting forgotten or ignored as unimportant).

I have to say that overall (even with the problems) I am still here so that says something but I don't give praise unless it is due and when I lose trust it is hard to rebuilt it. I am sorry but that is the way I am and I am sure that is the same for many others (??).

All I can say after this long post (sorry for that) is that I have seen great improvements since the day I signed up 1.5 years ago and am greatful for that. I hope things continue as well as they have for the past few months so that I can focus on my life and work rather than the frustration of dealing with websites.

No, I don't really mind any complaints or criticism, please go ahead and post them

What I don't like is

1) Not giving us a chance to respond or look into the issue. Always submit a ticket first, give us 10 minutes. If the problem wasn't resolved to your satisifaction you could then complain here.
2) Opening multiple threads complaining about the same issue. Keep everything in one thread.
3) bumping old threads

Yash said:
3) bumping old threads

Not sure if this is the same thing but many times you ignore or forget to address things when you were should have followed up on it at some point. You say you will look into it and then weeks or months later we find out that either a decision was made or there is information that could have been passed on to us. This happens all the time (maybe not intentionally) but it does so threads need to be bumped to remind you.

I have read the posts in this thread, and felt compelled to reply. And this is during an outage on my host server for a hard disk drive swap. I began my relationship with JodoHost in around January-February 2004. Shortly after signing up for a standard silver account, there were several major outages that really made me reconsider staying with the company. Some reasons I stayed on with JodoHost is their honesty in admitting problems, their continual updates on issues on this forum, and for the simple reason I did not want to move my sites to a new host. And I could not find a host that offered the value that JodoHost does. At some point, I decided to upgrade my account to a reseller account. I do not use my reseller account to it's fullest capacity, but looking back I would not reconsider returning to any other account (or host). I do not plan to move any time soon. JodoHost has had, currently has, and will continue to have problems. This is obviously a stressfull situation to anyone trying to host a web site or run a business on the internet. But for the value, the honesty in admitting and correcting problems, and JodoHost's continual attempts to please their customers (add-on installs/configuration changes/package updates), I would have to really think hard before I moved from this host. A great example of JodoHosts customer service is the fact I had problems with an application after moving sites from my old provider to JodoHost that I attributed to JodoHost. Their techincal staff patiently helped me realize the error I was comitting was completely mine, all within the first 30 minutes of submitting a ticket.

My last host upgraded their servers, never admitted to upgrading their servers, the lost functionality of my internet sites were blamed on " web site script problems" (after 2 years continuos service), this after 2 weeks of continual requests (service tickets) to find out what happened. JodoHost (Yash, Atul, and the rest of the team), please always provide the service you do. I will be a faithfull customer.

This is my humble opinion.

Regards,

We did have a bad phase in January due to the Win2003 and DNS issues

But on the most part, I believe we have been able to keep the servers problem-free with good uptime, courtesy our experienced 24x7 team since then. Our 2003 uptime record stands at 99.78% according to Alertra.

We have 99.9% + uptime goal for December and we are bent on achieving that

Yash,

I hope you realize I am not speaking unkindly of JodoHost, I will remain with JodoHost until the day your company shuts down their last server (which I hope will never occur). I just wanted to highlight my time with this company. The problems in the past are gone. I am definitely a very happy customer!

Regards,

ThaiSource said:
honesty in admitting and correcting problems

Well that isn't entirely true as the latest Win5 issue showed their true colors yet once again.

1) Posts concerning Win5 disc change were posted on forum
2) Inka and I questioned why an email wasn't sent out
3) Yash apologizes and says that an email should have been sent out (here he admits he made a mistake which is good yes)
4) Then posts outlining their "mistake" were deleted and replaced with a nice message stating that they rescheduled the replacement for Nov 4th making it sound as if they realized they made a HUGE mistake not informing us and because "THEY CAUGHT THE MISTAKE" they wouldn't have went ahead witht he plan even though every post by Yash in the forum suggested otherwise.
5) Then I exposed his hypocracy at which time the thread was closed!!!!
6) Now all posts have been deleted to cover up the evidence. One thing that I am happy about is that I have all the notification emails (with contents of post) to back up my story.

Doesn't sound like an honest company to me!

I agree that in most cases JH is honest in admiting their mistakes but many times they make every effort to cover up these trails of deception by deleting threads which have been discussed and argued many times in the past.

Just another JH tactic that we have seen countless other times.

=============
When the kitchen gets too hot....close and delete the thread! Should be my new signature.

Ok - my turn.

I'd like to know how many hosting companies do you people know that post all the mistakes they have ever made on a forum like this for everyone to review?

In fact, how many hosting companies do you know that actually have a forum for customers like you all to whine on?

I have not been the most satisfied customer all the time either, and I agree that they must certainly should have emailed a notification of the disk swap, but for Gods sake can't you give them the benefit of the doubt?

Maybe the email notification was genuinely overlooked? Maybe they don't want people to know that they overlooked it? So what!!! I don't think I would either! The point is that there was no harm done. The forum worked - we alerted them! I guess you now want credit. Actually, if so, it was ME who first asked about this issue, so I'll take it thank you.

Maybe in addition to the 'Network Outages' forum, they should have a 'Huge Mistakes by Jodo Staff' forum too?

Give these guys (and me) a break!

Shame how a thread giving Jodo some credit turned so sour. If I were Jodohost, I'd delete this one too. ;( And that was NOT sarcastic.

yorri said:
I agree that in most cases JH is honest in admiting their mistakes but many times they make every effort to cover up these trails of deception by deleting threads which have been discussed and argued many times in the past.

Just another JH tactic that we have seen countless other times.

=============
When the kitchen gets too hot....close and delete the thread! Should be my new signature.

What are we covering up? I have mentioned clearly in the announcement that the email announcement was overlooked. Do you think we are going to do such a major swap on the servers keeping our customers uninformed resulting in hundreds of phone calls??

If I delete anything, its according to our forum policy. I will announce it

This is not a hypocrisy yorri! I have been so busy in the last week that I overlooked this.. I am sorry. Regardless of your complaint, the shift would have never taken place on the 3rd with customers being uninformed.

I mean every major outage is convered in our Network & outages section and every major scheduled downtime event has been announced by email prior to it happening

Even the hard disk backup procedure was announced which is now being performed on live systems without downtime

My problem is not that it was overlooked or that there was a "mistake" or anything concerning the actual event. That has already been adressed and I put it in the past. You admitted it was a mistake I ACCEPT THAT.

My problem is that you say it was a mistake one minute, then you act as if you were not going to do the work at all because you didn't send out the email.

You can't be both things at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Either it was a mistake OR it was something that wasn't seriously going to be done.

Which was it??????? You say you won't have done it but then you say it was a mistake that the email wasnt' sent out.

NOTHING ADDS UP HERE. That is what is ticking me off because your posts don't match your actions which don't match what is being said afterwards.

I don't care what the case was, I just cant' stand when I hear 2 different stories and telling me that there were not 2 stories being told. Then criticizing me because I see that 2 stories are being told. I am not an idiot!

1) If it was a mistake, then you WOULD HAVE DONE THE WORK in the first place because the mistake was that the email wasn't sent out. You didn't realize that the email wasn't sent out until Inka brought it up. Any other explanation is a lie and we have the posts to prove that you were on your way to carry on with the change at 8AM

2) If it WAS NOT a mistake (sending out the email) then you wouldn't call it a "MISTAKE". Then the problem was not sending out the email. The "mistake was that you talked about making the change both in post AND!!!!! making an announcement in the announcements section that the change WAS TO OCCUR AT 8AM.

Aa I said, you can't tell people 2 explanations at the same time and then tell them there was a mistake not sending an email.

THIS IS HYPOCRACY in the most blatant form and it is THAT that I am ticked at, not the event! I can't believe I am the only one that sees this or maybe others can accept this but I cannot!

A mistake means you forgot to do something. DON'T TELL me afterwards that it wasn't going to happen in the first place. THAT IS NOT A MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LegalAlien. You don't have any idea what is going on in here so I have no idea where you get off saying to give you a break!

You were not part of the conversation and shouldn't even be part of it now.

You didn't have you posts deleted. You were not told 2 different stories. You didn't even post in here until now so how can you have ANY FREAKING idea what the conversation is about?

This is not an isolated case, this is a constant problem that happens in these forums. When Yash is confronted about something he doesn't like to hear (in this case, his lying) he deletes threads. I am not the first to complain about this nor will I be the last.

This is not about credit, this is not about anything except exposing a lie and getting the real story set straight...which since you were not part of the conversation, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WAS SAID OR DELETED!!!!!!!

And obviously by your post you have no idea what you are talking about either since you would not have said what you did!

yorri said:
LegalAlien. You don't have any idea what is going on in here so I have no idea where you get off saying to give you a break!

You couldn't be more wrong Yorri.

I know exactly what's going on. And I read all those posts you talk about. I've browsed this forum about every day for almost a year. Believe me, I know Jodohost have hit a few trouble spots this year, (I've been as affected as anyone) but they've also had a lot of trouble free time too.

I'm just getting pretty fed up of reading posts like yours that just whine on about basically nothing. Do you have nothing better to do?

My main peeve is that I just don't get why you are so upset about posts being deleted once the problem has been resolved. Jodos policy is more than reasonable regarding deletion of posts. Get over it!

If I am so wrong then why are you mentioning things that I am not even "whining" about?????????

You are just proving that you have no FREAKING clue as to what is going on here!

coming around every day would not give you one clue as to the content of the deleted posts which were deleted within 20-30 minutes (or sooner) after being made.

The issue is what was discussed in the deleted posts NOT DELETING POSTS

THIS IS NOT ABOUT DELETING THE POSTS
THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE CLOSED ISSUE

READ THOSE LINES AGAIN because you obviously would rather jump to conclusions than read a post properly!

Also, I really don't give a rat's $#% if you don't like my posts. Why the hell would I?

I don't like being lied to and don't like it when others are being lied to as well.

SO, since you have no idea what you are talking about, keep out of it and mind your own business!

AND ANOTHER THING!!! I KNOW WHAT THE POLICIES ARE, I AM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT THEM. HOW MANY TIMES DO I NEED TO SAY THAT. AGAIN, YOU DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!

You were not part of the discussion so YOU GET OVER IT AND MOVE ON!

Back