bellnet.ca

QuietCalm

Perch
Customers using bellnet.ca smtp emailing my customers on jodohost are getting bounce back messages like this:

Subject: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

> This is the mail system at host dspam1.local.
>
> I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
> be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.
>
> For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>
>
> If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
> delete your own text from the attached returned message.
>
> The mail system
>
> <customerEmailAddressHere>: host 64.187.103.252[64.187.103.252] said: 554 Sorry, this message appears to be spam (#5.6.0) (in reply to end of DATA command)

Any ideas why? ?(

QuietCalm

I am having the same problem. I think it began almost 2 weeks ago. Have you received any assistance with this problem.
JCP

Jodo tweeked their spam, settings.

I still have to confirm with customer if it is actually working now or not.
QuietCalme

Thanks for your reply; however, I guess I'm not certain that my problem is as easily solved because I'm not hosted by Jodo I only did a google to see if I would get any hits with the identified host # - my business e-mail is fowarded to my bellnet address and it is not getting to bellnet but is being returned with the same message you posted....I don't know where to turn for help!

Oh I see.

Please contact the company that hosts your email and tell them their spam filtering maybe preventing emails. Other then that, I am not sure. I know how desparate it can be regarding email issues like this. However, Bellnet "may" be allowing spammers to sends spam out too easily and thus belnet is being blocked by some hosts/ISPs.. but I have no way to know.

Best of luck

QuietCalm

hi,

I receive a spam message with say it is from london lottery and while chking on email address on google, I was send here. I thk I can guess the problem, somebody has gain accessed the email address and password of that company so they are sending scam mail to people n also they can read other people emails. N when some1 else is trying to open the email, that's y they getting the error msg.

below is the mail that i have got:

UK LOTTERY HEADQUARTERS <[email protected]> wrote:

Your E-Address was selected online in this week's uk national lottery online promo.
Your draw has a total value of £1,000,000.00. Please acknowledge the receipt
of this mail with your name,address and country via return email to the co-ordinator,
Name: Dr. Pinkett Griffin, and he shall give you full details on how you won the
lottery and the delivery of your won cheque to you.

such happens from all ISPs at times, verizon, att, etc all have this issue, even we have spammers to sign up with a reseller or other issues such as this at times.

Back