Better performance PHP/MySQL

Toontje

Perch
Hi all!

I have sites on WIN7 and WIN9. These sites rely heavily on MySQL databases. I noticed that the sites get slower. Why is this happening? I use either localhost or the IP address for mysql2 in my portal configs to avoid DNS lookups which delay database queries.
Is there anything more i can do to speed up database access? Except the obvious which is going through the queries because they are defined by the portal software....

Thanks,

Ton.

Hi,

MySQL Performance for your domain/site depend on the queries because performance will depend on how efficient your queries are, and how you have structured your tables. If you have inefficient queries and poor database design in any database system, your peformance will be poor.
Using IP address inspite of name of server also increase query responce time and performance.
You can use more indexes and optimize your query to increase performance.
You can also create a ticket.

Toontje said:
Except the obvious which is going through the queries because they are defined by the portal software....
X(

I will check if indexing tables in MySQL is possible.

Thanks,

Ton.

Indexing is luckily possible :)
You can't really have a usable database system without indexing of some kind, at least on the primary key...

Back