Blacklisted

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail.m****here.biz.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses. This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<bj**ore@dri*****ge.com>:
216.17.46.147 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 554 The IP Address of the sender (64.156.220.224) was found in a DNS blacklist database and was therefore refused. Giving up on 216.17.46.147.

Please sort it out.

soundcompanies said:
Please sort it out.

It is unfortunate that the reply simply states, "found in a DNS blacklist database." It would be useful to know what database.

riley

mail.m****here.biz is mapping back to the wrong IP. We are taking care of this..

Our mail server IP is not blacklisted. the IP that is blacklisted is the control panel IP which we are working to get removed from the list

Yash said:
mail.m****here.biz is mapping back to the wrong IP. We are taking care of this..

Our mail server IP is not blacklisted. the IP that is blacklisted is the control panel IP which we are working to get removed from the list

Hi..Yash,

When it's will be remove?

<[email protected]>:
216.7.XXX.XXX does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 554 The IP Address of the sender (64.156.220.224) was found in a DNS blacklist database and was therefore refused.
Giving up on 216.7.XXX.XXX.

Please do something to speed up this process.

Thanks...

This will be corrected in the next 24 hours

The mail server IP is not blacklisted, it appears that the mail server is using the incorrect IP address to send emails through..

We changed qmail to use the right unlisted IP but I cannot test this. Feedback needed please

EDIT: Good news, SpamHaus should be unlisting the 64.156.220.224 IP today.

Yash said:
We changed qmail to use the right unlisted IP but I cannot test this. Feedback needed please

Still not working. I resent an email that was rejected and it still fails with the same Spamhaus message.

OK, i'm sorry. Now it should use 63.* to send email..

Also, 64.* should be removed from the blacklist within the next 24 to 48 hours

Ah... I wondered why so many of my emails were being refused! I'd say 10%+ of my emails were being refused and returned. Thanks for clearing this up.

Daze, emails should not be rejected now because we switched the mail server to the unlisted 63.* IP (or so I think). Are your emails still being bounced by certain ISPs?

The 64.* block will be unlisted in 24 to 48 hours as I mentioned so that would anyway solve this issue, but switching to 63.* should have solved it immediately

let me know. Please post the returned message headers here

I've just re-sent all of the previously rejected emails. I'll let you know if they still come back.

Thanks Yash.

First one's already come back:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail.m****here.biz.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses. This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<[recipient removed]@hotmail.com>:
64.4.50.239 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable Giving up on 64.4.50.239.

Looks like it's still using 64.*. Have I missed something? Did I need to change anything?

Daze said:
<[recipient removed]@hotmail.com>:
64.4.50.239 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable Giving up on 64.4.50.239.

Looks like it's still using 64.*. Have I missed something? Did I need to change anything?

This means that the mailbox at hotmail.com doesn't exist. Nothing to do with spam blacklisting. Since your other emails haven't been returned, it seems they have not been blocked..

This problem has now been resolved. I can confirm that no emails are being returned now due to any blacklist. Our mail server IP has NOT been blacklisted by any anti-spam group

Back