Blacklisted?

OJM

Perch
I use WebWiz Forums, and earlier, tried to send a mass email to my 5,173 members, however, it looked like it sent 212 emails, then produced an endless list of the following messages (on the webpage);

Server Error in Forum Application
An error has occured while sending an email.
Please contact the forum administrator.

Support Error Code:- err_SQLServer_send_mail_footer
File Name:- functions_send_mail.asp

Error details:-

The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response was: 554 sorry, your envelope sender is in my badmailfrom list (#5.7.1)

Now I've just gone to Private Message someone (which sends them an email too, to tell them they have a message), but it also came back with the above.

Does this mean my domain has been blacklisted? If so, by who?

Is this something that's going to happen again in the future, as I would like to start using the mass email feature more regularly.

it means the user sending the email has hit the 100/day limit, fill out the mass mail form and we will lift that :)

When I signed up for my reseller account, I signed and filled in the mass mail form for the domain in question - which managed to send 212, not 100.

Hello,

Please open a ticket with exact url where you are getting this error, we will check it and update you through your ticket.

Following on from this topic...

My domains have now been re-added to the mass mail allow list, but I'm running into another problem.

When sending out mass mails, it seems to cause the application pool to hang, causing 90% of my sites to stop responding.

Is there anyway of Resellers recylcing application pools ourselves, or stopping this from occurring when mass mails are sent?

If this is the case you should download your code, run locally using a local SMTP and check what does the w3wp process looks like in terms of memory in CPU consumption. If this doesnt give any clue, you can try to switch to any alternative SMTP component. Also, if using any server win15 onwards, you can also try using localhost instead of remote SMTP.

Back