Can we have VPN access?

Hello,

First of all I would like to say thank you for the great service.
Also one question/suggestion - can we connect to our accounts using VPN (virtual private network). This might make our life easy with projects delployment and not only. I don't know how easy to do this on your site thought...

Thanks,
Resnovit

Do you mean to connect to your control panel via a VPN or SSL link or do you mean to have access to Remote Desktop/Terminal server on the server itself? If you mean the latter, I'm sure the answer will be no for security reasons. If you meant the former, I believe there is already access to the control panel via SSL. Change the http to https and the :8080 to :8443.

Hello,

Actually I would like to have VPN access to the file system. So I can access the content of web thru Windows explorer. This will be a little easy to manipulate files than thru FTP.
I didn't mean to access control panel thry Remote Desktop.

Thanks,
Resnovit

resnovit said:
Actually I would like to have VPN access to the file system. So I can access the content of web thru Windows explorer. This will be a little easy to manipulate files than thru FTP.
I didn't mean to access control panel thry Remote Desktop.
Doesn't IE include some sort of functionality to treat an FTP site like a local disk? I might be mistaken.

Logan said:
Doesn't IE include some sort of functionality to treat an FTP site like a local disk? I might be mistaken.

It partially emulates that FTP is like a disk. It gives you possibility to copy to/from FTP. But you can't access friles from the applications using UNC names. This is kinda what I'm looking for.

--R

resnovit said:
It partially emulates that FTP is like a disk. It gives you possibility to copy to/from FTP. But you can't access friles from the applications using UNC names. This is kinda what I'm looking for.
You're asking for too much :) Just do it like the rest of us :)

We would also be able to manipulate permissions ourselves. I've had several permissioning problems lately and I would like to be able to fix them myself.

-Jim

FTP is more efficient than NetBIOS over TCP/IP. If they allowed that, file manipulation would be slower. They probably don't even have NetBIOS enabled on the servers in order to keep them optimized and locked down. I guess I'm still expecting, and lobbying, that this would not be allowed.

Back