cfmail, encounter error 551

Hi all,

I tried using cfmail feature to sent email.
However i could only receive email via outlook express. When i try to sent to gmail, yahoo or hotmail account.
I could not receive the file.

My cf code is as follow
<cfmail from="[email protected]" to="[email protected]" subject="Testing" server="[email protected]:p[email protected]">
my description
</cfmail>

<cfmail from="[email protected]" to="[email protected]" subject="Testing" server="[email protected]:p[email protected]">
my description
</cfmail>

In the C:\CFusionMX\logs\mail.log, i found
"Error","scheduler-0","07/05/05","19:35:57",,"Sending failed; nested exception is: javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses; nested exception is: javax.mail.SendFailedException: 551 Command RCPT User not local and relaying not permitted from you (xxx.xx.xxx.xxx) "

I had set the Mail Server in my cf admin as follow
smtp.mydomainname.com

I am able to use outlook express to sent out mail to gmail, yahoo and hotmail account, but when using cfmail. I can't.

Does anyone have any idea on how to tackle this problems.

Any form of help is very much appreciated,

Thank you.

With Regards
sunloong

if your going to use cfmail be sure that your have smtp server installed in your pc or you need to specify it with a parameter server ip and port for smtp to work . if you have windows nt/2000/2003 installed there is a built in smtp server you just need to put your public ip that isp gave you

:D

hi reinrev,

thanx for your reply.

May I know how can i check whether smtp server is installed in my pc already.

Sorry, I dun know what is parameter server ip and port for smtp.
Can you please enlighten me.

I am using window xp. I was wondering smtp server you are saying is it the same as the default smtp virtual server in IIS.

Thank you in advance. :]

Back