CFQUERY woes: Access Denied to DB

Biomilk

Guppy
Hello. I am new to the forums and to Jodohost. This place rocks!

Unfortunatley I am hitting some bad rocks on my road to setting up my coldfusion/mysql connection.

I sent in a trouble ticket and had Jodohost set up my DSN.
Sweet.

I am able to succesfully query my mysql database when running the query locally on my computer to the remote database through my cfadmin. I can get to my database through PHP mySQL and add records and what not. I am able to execute basic cfms off my jodohost account.

My problem is that I am not able to execute basic queries off my jodohost account to the mySQL database that Jodohost so kindly set up for me. My coldfusion application is in my jodohost root directory.

MyError =

"Invalid authorization specification: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES)"

I have tried using the password/username attributes in the CFQUERY tag but still no worky...

Thanks for any help!

Biomilk said:
Hello. I am new to the forums and to Jodohost. This place rocks!

Unfortunatley I am hitting some bad rocks on my road to setting up my coldfusion/mysql connection.

I sent in a trouble ticket and had Jodohost set up my DSN.
Sweet.

I am able to succesfully query my mysql database when running the query locally on my computer to the remote database through my cfadmin. I can get to my database through PHP mySQL and add records and what not. I am able to execute basic cfms off my jodohost account.

My problem is that I am not able to execute basic queries off my jodohost account to the mySQL database that Jodohost so kindly set up for me. My coldfusion application is in my jodohost root directory.

MyError =

"Invalid authorization specification: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES)"

I have tried using the password/username attributes in the CFQUERY tag but still no worky...

Thanks for any help!
Can you give us a link to where this error is being thrown? Also, could you paste in your query? I use both MsSQL and MySQL on Jodohost and aside from some compatability issues with the older version of MySQL that JodoHost is forced to run everything goes smoothly.

JodoHost's MySQL database runs on a Linux server so it is definitely case sensitive. If you're having problems connecting I might recommend downloading a program called MySQL Front .

It might be a case of database setup as well. Let's check to make sure that you can connect to the database first and then we'll take it from there. Once you get MySQL Front downloaded you simply enter in the database server name (mysql.jodoshared.com for the new cluster), your username, password and database name and it should let you connect. If it doesn't then the user information is incorrect. If it does then something further needs to be investigated.

I downloaded mySQL front. Connects like a champ. Thanks for the tip.

I just tried using possible different cases with no luck. I have tried connecting sans username/password attributes and still no go:

General error: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' to database 'elysian_test'

1 : <cfquery name="firstnames" datasource="elysian_stored">
2 : SELECT first
3 : FROM Names
4: </cfquery>

I find it odd that in the error message that it refers to database 'elysian_test' when the DSN is called elysian_stored.

Maybe I am just doing something really dumb. :rolleyes:

Thanks

Biomilk said:
I downloaded mySQL front. Connects like a champ. Thanks for the tip.

I just tried using possible different cases with no luck. I have tried connecting sans username/password attributes and still no go:

General error: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' to database 'elysian_test'

1 : <cfquery name="firstnames" datasource="elysian_stored">
2 : SELECT first
3 : FROM Names
4: </cfquery>

I find it odd that in the error message that it refers to database 'elysian_test' when the DSN is called elysian_stored.

Maybe I am just doing something really dumb. :rolleyes:

Thanks

The other thing you might want to do is submit a ticket and have them check the username and password for your DSN again. Alternately, ask them to wipe the username and password and try specifying it in your cfquery tag directly. It sounds to me like there's a mistake in the DSN settings with the username and password.

Just my thoughts.

Back