CFX Tag for Image Resizing

General policy is no custom tags, but Jodo will evaluate the possibility for an exception.

Is there a general interest in having a custom tag available for automatic image re-sizing similar to that of CFX_imageCR3? Express your thoughts.

(url removed) (I tried it and it's really fast and show great results)

///johan

I experimented with cfx_image_mx and cfx_imageCR3. The results can be viewed here (url removed).

The images are re-exported on the fly every time the page is refreshed, from a 1.2MB image. If I increase the quality to 85% and smooth the image a lot (in the case of cf_image_mx), then the file sizes are similar (57kB). But as you can see, my wife looks better with cfx_imageCR3. Not only is the visual result better, but it is noticeably faster too, which leads me to the conclusion that it puts less stress on the server.

Please install cfx_imageCR3, if not for my project, do it for my wife. She is very nice.

///johan

Sales just sent this email to me.

I just replied to it, as I said there, we can do the trial and see if others after interested, as $195 is a lot to spend if there is little interest.

You may want to send a ticket to the host with that example, CF is down. ;)

I am still getting this, I will take a break and try again in 15-20 min:
Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.

Could not connect to JRun Server.

Seems to be common on CF, we get that sometimes, mostly on Win2, as well.

Wow, Johan, I'm impressed, both with the quality of the images and your wife! ;)

I could definitely use such a CF tag. I thought the new version of CF was going to have some image manipulation built in, but I read that they skipped that because there were other ways, via CFX tags and/or Java, to get it doen, so they concentrated on adding other features.

I support installing the tag, and would even chip in to pay for it if necessary.

-Gary

Do you need more input from other CF users? How about a poll? Or will you just take my word on it that we need this? :D

While I don't currently have an application that uses an actual image resizer on Jodo I would look into using it if we had something like this available.

Also, Jodo might look into contacting the author of the tag to advertise the fact that they're looking at hosting it. It might be a good mutual business arrangement.

Just my two centablos.

Hatton

I have recieved word from JodoHost. The descision is to install cfx_imageCR3 next week ( april11-april18 ). That is good news because I prefer using JodoHost when ever I can.

BTW: When you are not good looking, but have a good looking wife, you can use that contrast for leverage anywhere and anytime, because she was smart enough to marry you.

///johan

Great! I've already signed up for my platinum, and can't wait to upgrade to titanium.

Here is a quote you can use as a reference:
JodoHost is great because you get 50% more of everything, and everything means a lot to me.

///johan

Ooops, I am sorry, this totally slipped my mind, I will work on this in the next 24 hours.

Ouch,

It seems that you installed the trial version of the custom tag called CFX_imageCR3, and not the one you bought.

Please install the real one as agreed. The trial version has expired.

///johan

Sorry about that, the additional DLL file was missing causing it to not work properly. It is installed(and btw, upgraded to the newer release now as well)

Back