change existing domain to alias?

A client of mine recently changed their domain name. For a while, we simply had the new name forwarded (via the registrar, not thru an hsphere DNS setup) to the existing name, but now that we're good to go live with the new name, I've mirrored the content of the site to the new domain name in the client's reseller account and set up a full DNS zone in hsphere for the new domain.

So far so good. My question is: what's the best way to get to having the reverse of what I had up until now -- ie. forwarding the old domain name as a full alias to the new domain, including all services (MX, etc)? I can't seem to change the status of an existing domain in hsphere, but should I kill the old domain as a separate entity and then simply set it up as an alias of the new domain using the domain alias function?

Uh, WTF? Since when did we start getting spam in the jodohost support forum?!? Mods, can you track down an IP and get mr. ant-shopping zapped forever?

Uh, WTF? Since when did we start getting spam in the jodohost support forum?!? Mods, can you track down an IP and get mr. ant-shopping zapped forever?

Done, and you are right you can't execute a change, it will have to be deleted and added again as an alias.

Back