Changing hosting types in Plesk

LittleZ

Guppy
Hi,

I am just getting used to Plesk so apologies for my newbie question, I am trying to move a domain which is physically hosted on shared IP address to physical hosting on a dedicated IP address. Is it possible to do this without deleting the domain and recreating it?

Im trying to do this for testing to ensure the site is working correctly before I change the DNS settings to make it "live".

If its not possible is there another way of previewing sites without a domain name?

Thanks

Cheers, just found it. I was looking all over that panel earlier and didnt see it when it was right in front of me.

Hmm 1 of the sites works fine and the other 2 ask for authentication, something for me to puzzle over tomorrow.

Cheers, just found it. I was looking all over that panel earlier and didnt see it when it was right in front of me.

Hmm 1 of the sites works fine and the other 2 ask for authentication, something for me to puzzle over tomorrow.

You can switch to a dedciated IP but in the left hand side, server settings around you need to ensure that there is an IP assigned to be dedicated, it will have a small crown by it, then you need ensure that the users have access to the dedicated IP pool.
Do to this click on the "users/clients" on the left side(logged in as admin) and from there go to IP Pool, and make sure that the dedicated IP you saw in Server IP Addresses section is available for users here in the clients/users section.

Back