Cold Fusion Setup

I

intj

Is anyone running Cold Fusion MX with an SQL backend at jodohost? I having all kinds of problems getting my DSN setup. The latest that I got from tech support was that Cold Fusion DSN cannot cross servers. They told me my account would have to be recreated on a server that has both Cold Fusion and SQL server. This just does not seem to be correct. SQL Server should be on it's own box. Has CF and SQL been done by anyone at jodohost?

Thanks

Please give us a week on this issue.
The reason it is not working is that we do port blocking on our servers for security reasons. That port blocking is interfering with a CF cross-platform DSN creation.

I'll see what we can be done here. Hopefully we should have it solved

The reason it is not working is that we do port blocking on our servers for security reasons. That port blocking is interfering with a CF cross-platform DSN creation.

Has any progress been made on this issue? I'm trying to set up the same thing (CF with SQL Backend) and am running into he same issue.

Additionally, I was able to connect to my newly created database via Enterprise Manager but when I tried to move the data over I got a "user does not have permission to execute alter table statements" Any ideas on that?

Thanks again!
Hatton

We are deploying a new cluster where we plan to shift over customer to. The cluster should be deployed within a week from now. We'll be setting up our servers considering this problem and hopefully have it solved. I recommend you use an MS Access database till then.

let me know the ms sql server your database is on, the database's name and the database username in question. I'll have to grant DBO permissions. Send this over via a ticket

Is this problem fixed? It's been more than a week.

Yash said:

intj1 said:
Is this problem fixed? It's been more than a week.

The cluster is up. We are just waiting for PSOFT to install HSphere on these servers. Hopefully in a day or two or maximum by Monday

Yash said:
The cluster is up. We are just waiting for PSOFT to install HSphere on these servers. Hopefully in a day or two or maximum by Monday

Thanks for all the assistance in this. Might I suggest looking into something that will assist the user (us) in creating our own CF DSN's as well? If you would like I can do some research as to what is available out there.

I do know that the setup for the DSN's is completely web based and tied to the specific server that is running CF. IIRC the information is stored in the registry and CF accesses it to create the connections.

Additionally, will we need to submit a trouble ticket to request being moved to this new cluser or is this something that will happen automagically?

Thanks again!
Hatton

We'll make an announcement when we are ready to shift. You can then open a ticket requesting a priority shift at that time

Back