Configuring outlook for mail.

mike333

Guppy
I am trying to set up my account (webmaster@my_reseller_account.com ) using outlook to be able to send and receive mail.

When doing a test I keep getting a failed message with some information about the ports being incorrect when I try and send from that account.

The other "tests" on outlook pass.

I have port 110 set up for the incoming and port 25 set up for the outgoing (though I have tried port 26 also for the outgoing) I have read up on how to configure this in outlook express and I am still having a problem SENDING from this account.

Any ideas what the problem might be.

This is an account created by myself for a site I am hosting on my reseller account.

Thanks
Mike

Mike333, what error are you getting?

You do not need to use SMTP authentication here at JodoHost. You just need to make sure you do a POP3 connection before you try to send via SMTP. I imagine you're doing this so this probably isn't the problem but I thought I would mention it. They use this technique to store your IP address as authentication instead of just using SMTP authentication.

Your ISP may be blocking port 25. You should check that.

If neither of these two things are the problem then it sounds like something at JodoHost. Can you give us the exact error message?

Thanks for the reply, my internet provider (cox) does in fact block port 25 on me.

The fix was to leave the outgoing server (SMTP) to my original settings mail.cox.net or whatever and to keep the incoming (POP) settings at mail.mysite.com

In case anyone else runs into this.

Mike

Back