Connecting to oracle

I already have an oracle subscription, which I can connect to through the oracle control panel, but I am unable to connect to the database from any appliaction. I have tried, my tnsnames.ora:
Jodo.world =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 8.10.3.98)(PORT = 1521))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = JODO)
)
)

incluedes the follorwing definition, without success - connecting to other Oracle databases, remotely, is not a problem.

Any ideas,

Best wishes,

Valgar?ur Gu?j?nsson

I have a client that is trying to connect using SQLPLUS did we solve this. They want to connect via TOAD too.

We have alarge number of people connecting andusing it successfully. I will point the oracle DBA to this topic and see if we can address this issue specifically.

Stephen that is a none answer. Can you point me to someone who is using something other then the online control panel? I haven't found anyone who has used this before.

Can you point me to someone on your end who can give me some pointers on what needs to go where to make it work? All I am saying is that my user can't connect from a 3rd party. Point me to some examples of other users that are connecting.

We have other customers connecting via SQL*Plus and websites, but I can not give the urls, as 1. I don't remember them, we worked them in tickets, and 2. we don't have their permissions to give them out.

Sunil, the Oracle DBA will be able to answer this question and possible give you an example, as I personally do not know Oracle, but he knows it very well.

Sunil is actually in now, but he just told me in order to connect with SQLPLUS you will need to create a TNSNAMES.ora

It needs to be like this:
JODO =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 8.10.3.98)(PORT = 1521))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SID = jodo)
(SERVER = SHARED)
)
)

Back