Correct path to mssql?

Billy

Guppy
Im trying to set up DNN could someone help with the path?

<add key="SiteSqlServer" value="Server=(mssql4.xxxxxx.com);Database=xxxxx_xxxxx;uid=xxxxx_xxxxx;pwd=xxxxxxx;" />

Does this look right?

This is what im getting when trying to install DNN. I have EM installed on my machine and have test connected to my database. The table permissions are set to dbo so all is okay. I have used both the mssql4.myhost.com and the ip address in the ---> value="Server=(mssql4.xxxxxx.com); ---> Field.
Im stuck
--------------------------------------------

Installing DotNetNuke
Upgrade Error: ERROR: Could not connect to database specified in connectionString for SqlDataProvider

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

I sure did. Remember I used them already with "Sql Server Enterprise Manager" to connect to my database. Is it possible that the asp privleges are not set correct?

Yes it is, did you send a ticket asking for asp.net to have full access to the folder?

Yes I did.

Bingo
I figured it out!!! Tg

The darn brackets
value="Server=(mssql4.xxxxxx.com);
should not be there.

Err... Take them away and your up and running...
value="Server=mssql4.xxxxxx.com;

Thank you for your time Stephen

Regards
-Billy

Oh, I am sorry, brackets are commonly used in examples and I was disregarding them as a sample from you.

Good you found the problem, in my experience that is always more memorable when you fix it yourself.

Back