creating a menu using javascript

awariss

Guppy
hi,

i'm building a website using PHP and MySQL and i'm trying to create a menu using javascript in which i'm facing some difficulties. can anyone direct me to a good tutorial or a sample.

thanks.

Thanks a lot!

I also need some help in saving a PDF (or any other file type) into the database and having a link in the webpage for downloading them. ( something like having a link in the webpage to download a document which is in PDF format - i guess the file should be saved in the database. )

normally you don't save an actual file in the database...

i would just save the url to the PDF in the database and just pull from that to create the link to download it.

thanks ! yea i also guess the best way is to save only the url.

i need some help in creating the download link... the appearence of the file download pop up window where it will have the (Open | Save | Cancel) buttons. for example to download a special font used in the website.......should javascript be used?............. just route me to a tutorial or any other help would be appreciated.

thanks again.

Not sure i follow you... the download window is built into the web browser and cannot be changed.

And i'm not sure what you're trying to do with special fonts either. Are you saying that the PDF files that the user will be downloading require special fonts?

If so, i would just host the font file (.ttf) on your site and link to it for them to download... unless it's a copyrighted font, in that case you shouldn't be offering it for download.

not sure how to code it in php, but you need to make a link where the href value is pulled from the database. lots of tutorials on the internet on how to read from a database using php.

Back