Customer Support (De-merged)

Scotty_32

Perch
Re: Customer Support

i agree the level of support isnt as good as it used to

they said my site was down becose unix5 hadnt came back online (it was durin the move to nap)
the site worked, but the SQL Database wasnt, another site on the same server was workin so i went on livehelp and i got told my site was on Unix5... when its on Win5 - my sites ASP so if its on Unix5 must be sumfin wrong somewhere

also on tickets i feel they dont read the messages if you go ever so slightly off topic they'll miss read and give you the wrong answer

can be hard to deal with - so i try to avoid help when i can

Well I am sure there are lots of customers pleased with our support, since I see very very few complaints with regards to support.

Unix5 was completely down during the Nap Of Americas move for an extended time. So it isn't possible one site is up and other others down. That other site MUST have been hosted on a different server. So if they told you Unix5 was down, it isn't because they are "confused" in any way. Rather that would be "fact"

If there are specific instances where you are unhappy, please give me the ticket ID and i'll look into it. Feel free to use Live Chat support if you feel things can be resolved faster by that medium

Yash said:
Well I am sure there are lots of customers pleased with our support, since I see very very few complaints with regards to support.

Unix5 was completely down during the Nap Of Americas move for an extended time. So it isn't possible one site is up and other others down. That other site MUST have been hosted on a different server. So if they told you Unix5 was down, it isn't because they are "confused" in any way. Rather that would be "fact"

If there are specific instances where you are unhappy, please give me the ticket ID and i'll look into it. Feel free to use Live Chat support if you feel things can be resolved faster by that medium

Yash... reread his post. He said
they said my site was down becose unix5 hadnt came back online (it was durin the move to nap)
the site worked, but the SQL Database wasnt, another site on the same server was workin so i went on livehelp and i got told my site was on Unix5... when its on Win5 - my sites ASP so if its on Unix5 must be sumfin wrong somewhere

That's his point. Sometimes things are not read carefully and things get confused or mixed up... just like you didn't realize he stated that his server is on WIN5. And since he was on WIN5 it is possible one site was up and one site was down if WIN5 itself was not in transit.

Anyway, Just wanted to make sure you caught the whole issue about being on WIN5, but support kept talking about UNIX5. I think the point is he was trying to find out the problem with a site on WIN5 when apperantly support was thinking UNIX5 and assumed the issue was due to the move.

I think you probably see the issue now.

OK well, guess I misread what you said as well :) But you need to understand during the NAP of Americas move, we were inundated with support queries and chat calls. Probably handling 20+ simultaneous chat calls. It is very easy for an operator to sometimes misread a server as unix5 instead of win5. If there was a misunderstanding, please let us know.

Surely this doesn't happen all the time. I see tickets coming in every day with customers complaining about a certain issue with a site, and support accurately addresses it, looking up the server for themselves

this isnt really THAT important, as you said it was durin the move, so support would of been dealing with alot of other people

there was slow response - i guessed the support operator was dealing with others and i did wait

as i said i had two websites both on Win5 and both using MSSQL 1, if the second was down, i wouldnt of bothered support, but as one was fine and one was down, i felt it wasnt due to the move, but was a genuine problem

i mentioned at the start when i first went on livehelp that it was due to MSSQL but i was ignored and told it was due to Unix5 being down, i was also told the 2nd site (which i checked) was on unix3

oviously i was rather confused and mentioned it they was both on win5 but the support operative was possitive they was on different servers

i kept trying to explain it was simply the database that needed to be restored as it was missing (id a problem with the SQL database where it would randomly disappear) this was about a year ago so i knew wot was up by the ASP error - would i doubt would of shown if my site was on Unix5... let alone if unix5 was down

it did take quite along time (excluding the operative talking to others) to convice the operative it was an SQL issue and NOT because unix5 wasnt online

as i said, i can imagine how busy support team would of been, so maybe getting issues confused, but to be told not only that am on a different server - but also a different O/S is quite strange

at one point i was conviced that tickets were being answered by an automated script becose of the lack of relevance it had to the ticket (for example if it was an ftp issue and you mention email, you'd get a reply related to a email issue)

you your self missread my post - my tickets tend to be long as i try to give as much detail as possible, i can imagine it'd be only human to skim read tickets when your reading alot in a day but i feel jodos support should try to take a little more care when reading tickets.

i might of metioned that i feel support isnt as good as it used to be, but that doesnt mean its TOTALLY useless

you've mentioned an unexpected increase in business, so maybe you just cant offer the kind of attention to issues as you might once been able to

i have had times when ive felt the support staff have been excellent and really helpfull, but there can also be staff that are less than helpfull - am sure alot of customers can agree

and yash - i would of sent a copy of the livehelp chat but my browser crashed near the end so i was unable to email my self a copy or even copy and paste - hense no complaint

Scotty,

We are working to address some of the staffing, we have one new team member, and I believe another will be in place soon. We have had a huge amount of growth in the last 6 weeks, and overall I feel it has gone extremely well. There are isolated cases like yours here, and the other one, but we are and will continue to work on improving that, and we don't know unless we are told that you are unsatisfied. Sometimes we can review tickets and just not get that sense of emotion and feeling that is written.

i know it was a long post - but i did mention ... somewhere in there ... about it might be due to sudden growth

You did, and that is why I addressed that issue specifically and said we are adding more staff :D

Back