DB Backup Restore

Inka

Perch
I submitted a ticket yesterday telling you to restore a DB, I have not received any information from you. The customer is still waiting and since I do not have your answer I do not know what to tell him

Also, my support tickets dissapeared, what happens?

Inka, do you have a ticket ID?

All you need to do it login to the new system and you can see them.

Edit: I saw a request for restore from someone, but support responded asking for a username or some other information that was required.

Stephen,

In the old interface there are no tickets, only a link to the new system. In that system, in the ticket history it does not appear anything. I just opened a ticket with that new system and I don't see where it was logged, I clicked on ticket history but there is nothing there

Ticket ID was #55634

The file is attached now, there might have been some delay in the fact is was not a typical backup file. But I knew what needed to be done, however please note my ticket reply, there were two data files, and I restored to the larger one.

Ok Stephen, Thanks, I have not checked with the customer but I will let him know

On the other hand, I am trying to find the tickets in the new system:

http://resellerdesk.jodohost.com

I log in with the username that I usually use to open tickets, and I cannot see where are the tickets being stored. I suppose that in History but there is nothing there even the ticket I opened used that interface is not showing

Where can I see your reply to my ticket? (I didn't receive any ticket response by email, only the email you manually wrote me

Thanks

We got the ticket, and I replied to it there.

I will see if I can find a reseller level login to test and tell you were to find your tickets in the system, the ticket DID get to us, as I got the needed information from there before I even saw the helpline email.

As I said before, the ticket history from HSphere wasn't imported into the new support system.

If your old ticket was not answered, I had also asked all customers and resellers to resubmit their tickets in the new ticket system.

As I also said before I opened a brand new ticket with the new ticket systems and it was not being shown. I have not entered into the system from yesterday, I hope it's correct now

Hi

Can you please restore the DB that is referred to in ticket #EKN-81085-748?

The helper only knows how to do this using a .bak file, but the other time there were no problem using the .mdf file (you can do dettach / attach)

Thanks

Thinking of it, the DB is bigger than the space allowed to the customer, please don't restore it yet

Thanks

Inka, there is no problem restoring an MDF, if there is a problem just tell the tech to contact Stephen for directions.

Hello,

Please drop the DB of 400+ mb, and restore the new (small) one as indicated in ticket #DFW-46150-846

I opened a ticket as a reseller and the helper answered that MY account was suspended because of the problem of the customer. What is that? Is that a mistake?

Anyway I have only used 1,961.22 out of my 3000 MB , so even if the customer exceeded his quota, my account should not be suspended. Please drop the big DB and restore the new one.

Thanks in advance

Hello,

I just want to make it clear, only your end user account is suspended, and was most likely hsphere doing it automatically, as we don't go suspending any user of a reseller for overquota.
However hsphere does.

Can you give us permission to unsuspend the user and give a quota of 500MB, at least until we do the DB work?

Hi

Now the user DB is 12 Mb but HSPHERE shows an overlimit and is causing problems with the email

Please take any necessary measure (read: don't ask me anything else :) ) so that HSPHERE shows the real disk usage.

Thanks

Thanks Stephen for your answer

However, Maheep answered me this some minutes ago:

Maheep said:
The currnet limit of that account is 200 MB where as you are using 344.25 MB and when i have tried to change the limit it shows me the following error :
The total cost of the resources you are trying to purchase exceeds your credit.

The disk uses shown in the control panel are as :
==============================================
Disk Usage For Account XXXX from 3/27/05 up to now
==============================================
Description Used (Mb)
MySQL Database for user MySQL Database 0.XX
User account for user xxxxxxnet 34.YYY
MS SQL Database for user MS SQL Database 309.XX

That should not be possible because you restored the DB that is of size 12 Mb. Note that I don't want to give more resources to this user. If the DB is of size 12 Mb it should not be showing 340 Mb HSPHERE.

I think it has been more than 24 hours since you restored the DB, So please look into this

Thanks

Hello,
1. It averages over the time selected in the report, you would need toput yesterday to today to get current average.
2. I was going to check this but can't find the ticket #, can you give that to me, or send me a PM with the username.

Maheep got me the needed info, the current MSSQL usage is this:
Database/Transaction Log file quota ratio 50 %
Used database file 12 MB out of -1 MB
Used transaction log file 3 MB out of -1 MB
Used total 15 MB out of 50 MB

It the usage doesn't lower automatically in the next 24 hours we will submit a ticket to psoft to get this resolve.

Back