dedicated SSL on VPS domains

Anybody care to give the blow-by-blow of what would be required to

a) etablish a certificate for a master domain on a VPS server (so visitors don't get the "certificate belongs to PLESK" message on SSL pages), and

b) establish a full SSL certificate for any given domain on a VPS server (i.e. not using the master domain with shared SSL via virtual folders, but with a fully valid certificate for the hosted domain itself)

Thx

Yes if you are talking about Plesk 8.1 we have already started providing it to clients on VPS.:)

looking to buy a certificate from certs.ipsca.com, which Yash recommended a while back on another thread. They're asking me to specify what kind of server i'm on, but PLESK is not an option -- for hsphere Stephen had recommended picking Apache, even for IIS/Windows installs.

Can someone suggest what I should pick for a WinVPS server?

Options are: Apache-MOD SSL Apache-Raven Apache-SSLeay C2Net-Stronghold Cisco Cobal Raq2 Cobal Raq3 Cobal Raq4 IBM HTTP iPlanet Server 4.1 Lotus Domino 4.6+ Lotus Domino Go 4.6.2.51 Lotus Domino Go 4.6.2.6+ Microsoft IIS 4.X Microsoft IIS 5.X Microsoft IIS 6.X Netscape Enterprise/FastTrack Novel IChain Oracle Other WebStar 4 Zeus V3+

If you are on Windows VPS server the webserver will be Microsoft IIS 6.X

and for the Linux VPS it will be what ever you have installed :)

When I said pick apache no matter what is installed, it was for hsphere based installs, just to clarify for other users that may read this :)

Back