Deleting my database! I AM MAD!!

lazy

Guppy
my database with all its vital data has been deleted without any warning!!

i think i have told you here to REMOVE the database lazy and keep the other one. but its seems u did excatly the opposite!!

now i have lost all my members posts and details!! ;(

We never logged into your account or deleted any database. The problem you pointed didn't exist when we checked out your account for any errors.

Send us a trouble ticket (with your username) and we will look into this right away.

this is what our unix admin said:

"When you install MySql, it creates a database named test by default. If this user tried to then create a database named test, it would have failed because the test database was already there, because the username for the default test database is root. The user would have seen a database named test and thought it was his - but it wasn't, and he wouldn't have been charged for creating it because H-Sphere knew he didn't create it - it was already there."

That would explain why you were never billed for your second database (named "test") and why it suddenly disappeared. I'm sorry :(. There is nothing we can do to recover it. the tapes are meant to restore the system if both the hard drives of a server crashed (we are using RAID). We can't retrieve specific files from it.

Back