development tools thread or website at Jodohost???

yorri

Perch
We should start up a section on the forum or start up a website for our favorite tools (web based or desktop) that would help in developing on Jodohost.

I just read a thread in here about aspenterprisemanager.com or something like that for managing databases. When I was at another webhost they had a list of tools that were free so that if we needed something we always knew where to turn. There was a free enterprise SQL Server management tool listed and I haven't been able to find it again. I will check out the aspenterprisemanager.com above but I am sure we all have tools or code that we could possibly share with each other.

Of course this might be best in the webmaster's toolkit section. Maybe we could get some more things added to that?

Your thoughts?

sure...

what I can do is open a new forum especially for useful websites, web tools and for people who'd like to advertise their own product or service...

Tell me if that sounds good..

i had another idea to add to that.
why not divulge some moderation duties to us, the community :) After all this is a community forum. I mean non-important sections like chit chat and maybe this new forum that will be opened

maybe we can have rotational moderation. how does that sound?

Yash said:
sure...

what I can do is open a new forum especially for useful websites, web tools and for people who'd like to advertise their own product or service...

Tell me if that sounds good..

anything that allows us to list some things and chat about them would be good. When people need a tool or something like that, they will know where to go.

I think it could be very helpful.

another suggestion is that why don't you engage your customers in various community activities like say start a chess tournament where the winner of that gets 2 months off from his hosting fees :)

There is plenty of free chess software you can deploy on your servers :) This really might sound like a crazy idea but your real advantage over other hosts is a community and you can really use it to grab customers and make them stay and have fun :) :)

how will you organise such a thing when everyone is in a different time zone?

I like yorri's idea for a new forum for websites/tools

We'll have a separate forum created for the website tools
I'm not sure anyone would be interested in moderating, nor is there enough activity. When we have more members around here, we'll probably think of that then

There are plenty of free chess gaming servers out there, you can play on one of those

Back