Discussion on Jodohost moving ahead - Direct Customers

So the servers will no longer be inside the NAP of the Americas building?

I am on web5.g********.com Linux Shared Hosting

So when will the server officially be in Texas and no longer in Miami?
This was our intro announcement, as we have further details like that we will be updating more.

We have a page dedicated to it but tried to keep the customer email as direct and simple as possible for now.

http://status.jodohost.com

if you go to Migration list there it is possible you will see and know even before a mail goes out about it.

As of right now Win7 on cluster1 is migrated to Waco due to issues with it that were ongoing.

Trying to understand what I have to do here.

As a reseller I have a domain that has custom nameservers that point to specific IP addresses. I will have to change those IP addresses to reflect the move to Waco.

Clients of mine have all been directed to point their domain dns or nameserver to
ns1.myresellerdomain.com and ns2.myresellerdomain.com. They should not have to make a change, right?

I am assuming that once I have changed the IP address on my custom nameservers that every domain pointing to those nameservers will be OK, right?

Thanks for your answer in advance.

Trying to understand what I have to do here.

As a reseller I have a domain that has custom nameservers that point to specific IP addresses. I will have to change those IP addresses to reflect the move to Waco.

Clients of mine have all been directed to point their domain dns or nameserver to
ns1.myresellerdomain.com and ns2.myresellerdomain.com. They should not have to make a change, right?

I am assuming that once I have changed the IP address on my custom nameservers that every domain pointing to those nameservers will be OK, right?

Thanks for your answer in advance.
Yes you will need to change the IP association at your domain registrar for your nameservers, we will be getting those IPs out soon, this was the first notice of the plan and we will be following up with more details in other mails, and also on the status page we created, details will first be loaded there.

After you have changed that IP, everyone else using it will be on the new IPs and it will happen automatically unless they have custom DNS controls at their registrar or have made their own private nameservers at their registrar.

We did not yet include any 'to do' because right now there is none, we will likely even move some web servers before the time comes to do the DNS, and the old DNS server IPs will serve up the new server IPs just fine.
We have win7 from cluster1 already moved and it is going well.

So the servers will no longer be inside the NAP of the Americas building?

I am on web5.g********.com Linux Shared Hosting
G******** (cluster2) servers launched all in Miami Exchange. Only some of the older servers were in NAP of the Americas. We still have a presence in NAP but it is limited to switches, routing, and internal servers and we have internal fiber connections back to Miami Exchange/2115 NW CoreSite location a couple miles away.

Email that went to customers:

As we emailed earlier, JodoHost is moving to a new cloud based elastic/flexible environment in our Waco, TX Datacenter. This is based a completely new and powerful hardware platform. It is expected to improve overall application performance and uptime.

We will begin this maintenance on Friday the 28th at 10PM Eastern Standard Time, it will run until Morning morning. During this time your website content will be moved completely and automatically to the new platform, this will not need your intervention but during this time your control panel may be unavailable to make changes.

We will not be moving mail or DNS servers during this period, only web site and database content. There will be a possible 1-4 hours of outage of these services during this time. We will strive to copy all custom permissions settings, however if you had any custom setup on your website you may wish to check on it periodically during this process and ensure that all has made the move successfully.

For most customers who are just using JodoHost DNS, the move process will be mostly transparent.

After the move is complete, customer will automatically start getting following resources:

Disk Space Transfer

Value Plan: 1500MB 20GB

Silver Plan: 3000MB 40GB

Gold Plan: 4500MB 60GB

Platinum Plan: 6000MB 80GB

Titanium Plan: 7500MB 100GB

JodoHost expects availability of the above mentioned resources by the end of February 2011

If you are using dedicated IPs for SSL or using private name servers i.e. ns1.yourdomain.com and ns2.yourdomain.com, our Customer Service will guide you on how move on new IPs.

Please feel free to contact us on Live Chat from the home page of www.JodoHost.com or write us at [email protected] for any instant help.

Regards,
Customer Service

Back