DNS Issue?

riley

Perch
I'm not sure where you are with the DNS issue, but I just tried to pick up mail from one of my domains using pop3, and got an error saying the server could not be found. So I tried to bring up the site in my browser (www.chicagomagic8990g.com) and got an error saying the server could not be found. I tried to bring up the site again (a couple seconds later) and it worked fine. After that, email worked fine too. I am on win1 and this happened about 5 minutes ago (11:25PM CST).

riley

riley said:
I'm not sure where you are with the DNS issue, but I just tried to pick up mail from one of my domains using pop3, and got an error saying the server could not be found. So I tried to bring up the site in my browser (www.chicagomagic8990g.com) and got an error saying the server could not be found. I tried to bring up the site again (a couple seconds later) and it worked fine. After that, email worked fine too. I am on win1 and this happened about 5 minutes ago (11:25PM CST).

riley

I think there is a problem because one of my sites doesn't resolve properly either....GRRR

EDIT: please ignore this statement -
riley, you are using ns2 as your primary name server. I don't understand why.. even you are Yorri...

Yash said:
riley, you are using ns2 as your primary name server. I don't understand why.. even you are Yorri...

At godaddy this is what is configured

NS1.JODOSHARED.COM
NS2.JODOSHARED.COM

NS1 is listed as number 1

I haven't changed a thing

yorri said:
At godaddy this is what is configured

NS1.JODOSHARED.COM
NS2.JODOSHARED.COM

NS1 is listed as number 1

I haven't changed a thing

I HAVEN'T TOUCHED A DAMN THING IN HSPHERE..WHY IS IT CONFIGURED THIS WAY?

OH I KNOW....because this software Sucks and nothing is set up properly....I have been complaining about this from the beginning of signing up with you since last summer.

If it is set up this way it's because HSPHERE DID THIS.

What are the proper settings?

THIS IS BEYOND ACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yorri, your site is up.. I can view it perfectly. It is resolving fine from NS1... NS2 will be back up shortly

riley, you are using ns2 as your primary.. I'll send a notification about this..

Of the six domains I have configured, only one of them is set that way. I don't even know how to change this.

Besides..the domain that is configured this way isn't the one I am having problems with right now

Yash said:
Yorri, your site is up.. I can view it perfectly. It is resolving fine from NS1... NS2 will be back up shortly

riley, you are using ns2 as your primary.. I'll send a notification about this..

I don't know what site you are talking about but...I submitted a ticket complaining about what site I am experiencing issues with.

The site that I doesn't work...works when you put www. in front but doesn't work without www. AND IT'S NOT SET UP with ns2 as the primary.

h*****.com with and without www is opening fine.. I'm not sure why your ISP is using ns2.. hold on please

Yash said:
ns2 is being upon, please standby..
I can access your site w/o issues yorri..
You can verify from www.amegaproxy.com

I don't know what you are doing but that site(amegaproxy) gave me this error

THIS WEBSITE OR FILE DOES EXIST AS ENTERED:

IT DOESN'T WORK!!!!!

I have had 3 differnet people from different ISP's confirm this!

hmm.. working on this yorri.. ns1 is up and fully functional, you can use www.dnsstuff.com to test. I'm not sure why your multiple ISPs are using ns2.. We are working on this...

Yash said:
hmm.. working on this yorri.. ns1 is up and fully functional, you can use www.dnsstuff.com to test. I'm not sure why your multiple ISPs are using ns2.. We are working on this...

That is BULL!!!!

This was just reported to me..

Got referral to ns1.jodoshared.com

It is using ns1

Yorri, NS1 is fully functional and its resolving through ns1 for me. I can view both versions of your site without issues

There is something wrong with ns2 which we are looking into.. have a look at this:

$ORIGIN jodohost.com.
alexyung 86400 IN NS ns1.jodoshared.com.
86400 IN NS ns2.jodoshared.com.

alexyung?

I sent email to my domain from two different ISPs and they are also returned.

----- Transcript of session follows -----
550 5.1.2 <[email protected]>... Host unknown (Name server: eXXXXXXXXXX.net: host not found)

I cannot get to my site either. My DNS settings seem to be correct also (NS1,NS2) , so I don't understand why NS2 being down could have caused this.

Yorri, refresh the dnsstuff.com A record page.. it will show you your record from ns1 without issues. But ns2 is throwing back garbage

Mycroft, that is what we are looking into..

Back