DNS Settings and problem

Nintai

Guppy
I couldn't get the search to work on this issue, so I'm starting a thread.

Background: The company I am setting up a website for registered a domain a few years ago. They did it only to have email with their company name in it. Their internet provider set their name server information to go to a web package page (their subscription page) since there was not a company website.

Now I have purchased a small hosting package from Jodohost and went to Network Solutions and updated the nameservers to the ones in the email. We did this on Friday so that by Monday morning, all servers world-wide would be updated and we could also change over our email. We finally have the email working as far as we can tell. However, everyone can see our website except for us.

I'm waiting on a call from the service provider to see if there is a reason we cannot access our web page when accessing the web via their service.

Here are the DNS settings from our cpanel (which was the default setup, I have not updated anything).

Built in A Records

bizsite.us 86400 IN A 66.xxx.xx.xxx (x=numbers in IP)
*.bizsite.us 86400 IN A 66.xxx.xx.xxx (x=numbers in IP)

Built in MX records

bizsite.us 86400 IN MX 10 mail3.g********.com

Build in CNAME records

mail.bizsite.us 86400 IN CNAME mail3.g********.com

Are these correct? We had to use the mail3.g********.com in both the outgoing SMTP and incoming (POP) entries on the email accounts for email to work.

Do you have a ticket in, what is the domain(is it the one listed here bizsite?)

You can PM me the domain if you wish.

Back