DNS setup questions

gndprx

Guppy
I followed the steps in the sticky link above and have a couple of quick questions.

I registered my domain name through Jodo, setup all of my NS records yesterday and when I try to add my DNS servers to the domain registration settings I'm told that the names are not valid DNS servers. ns1.alltechsc.com and ns2.alltechsc.com.

I just want to be sure that those are what I'm supposed to add to my domain registration nameserver list. I also assumed that since this was all at Jodo that the DNS records would be available much sooner than 48 hours. Are these systems not in the same facility?

Also when I add more domains/sites, I assume I take the same steps to create new NS entries for those domains and add their own name servers to the domain registration? Or do all other domains hosted on this VPS need to point to the 2 NS records above?

Thanks.

to make the nameservers you have to "register" them at your registrar as namservers, this process varis greatly by registrar, who is your registrar?

ok, then you need to "create child nameservers" within the domain control panel to point the ns1/2 to the IP addresses

So for any subsequent domains, I point their name servers to ns1 and ns2.alltechsc.com?

Or will they point to ns1 and ns2.newdomain.com

Thanks.

Please send a ticket, it is really the only way we can give you some more personalized help.

Back