Does the escalation email still work...

I was just wondering because mine was returned as undeliverable.

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

Technical details of permanent failure:
DNS Error: DNS server returned answer with no data

Yes it works and we got your mail but you have a unique situation and working to give best solution to you for yours, most don't need a public login like you need.

I appreciate it Stephen but now they have reverted back to the workaround login on one site after saying that they wouldn't. They didn't notify me or anything. I went to start working on this and can't log in.

This is no way to treat long time customers. You say the login is xxx one day and the next day you change it to xyz. After talking about it you say I can still use xxx but then later change it back to xyz without notification. This is absolute craziness.

How in the world can anyone have a site that they don't know, from one day to another, what the very simple login URL is? If you are going to change it to myxxx.php then keep it that way forever. But if you do that then you have to have an answer for all the plugins you break because of hardcoded URLS referring to wp-login.php. If I go through and change all those hardcoded URLs then I have to change them again every time the plugin or WP is updated or I or others can't log in and have the experience they expect.

Seriously y'all have got to have some sort of better solution than this.

I've recommended JH to others and have never seriously considered leaving until now. You have always worked through things satisfactorily. But this is really overboard. Without even knowing how the heck I log into my sites on a day by day basis and how to tell future customers how to login to my sites, JH is dead to me.

Mark

Maybe y'all don't understand the frustration here because you don't have a personal site you are working on that you can't login to.

Right now, this morning, I woke up to load up a bunch of content and am ready to start driving traffic to this site.

But I can't. Why? Because the plugins all refer to wp-login.php as the login URL but it's not that anymore.

So now I have to go and change hardcoded URLs in a bunch of different files.

Then with every update the site will break again and I have to change the files again.

Do you know how often plugins are updated? Sometimes there are daily updates which means every day I am forever trying to figure out which files need to be updated.

Once I get some customers - these are paid customers - at any time they may can't log in because I'm trying to find all the hardcoded references to change.

This is like having an antivirus program where the only thing you can do is see the web in black and white with no movies, downloads, interactivity etc. because it's too dangerous. The security here is overriding the user experience because the user has NO experience - they cannot login without a bunch of manual changes every time something is updated.

Seriously there has got to be another common sense answer.

One more thing that apparently hasn't been considered is who and when will update the workaround login file? The one that is being used now is not the most current which means it may have bugs, security issues, etc. It also may have incompatibilities, etc. when the other files are updated but it isn't.

Hello,

I and techs have both replied with some alternative options and ideas.

I will say publicly here if you do a lot of WordPress sites you may want to consider a VPS with the Plesk 12 + wordpress toolkit, it is very powerful and works very well to scan and manage, update and correct many common wordpress problems and also to help a lot in security aspects of WordPress. We can setup a VPS with the Plesk bundle for a great price now, with or without promos in place, but with promos you can get 10%+ off of the monthly bill for the length of the service you have with us.

I would also like to report back that after becoming quite disgruntled over this issue, support and Stephen has patiently helped me resolve this issue for now.

I've been with Jodohost for over 9 years now for a reason. They have always come through and made things right. While all relationships may not last, I am still happy with the decision I made 9 years ago.

Back