Domain redirection using DNS

Hi

I have a domain already hosted in one of my VPS(lets say domain1.com), it is working 100%. I also have another domain name(both with Jodohost) that I want to be redirected to the first one(lets call it domain2.com). I'm trying to do this using DNS.

I've read that the best way is to create a CNAME record in domain1.com...but then I dont know what to do.

I haven't setup domain2.com at all in plesk, so I'm doing everything in the domain CP.

I've created a CNAME record in plesk for domain1.com but when I try to add is as a Name Server in to domain2.com it says it is not a valid one.

Can you guys guide me a little on this?

Thanks

you need to make a domain that is aliased to the first, you don't really want or need a redirect, you will need to make it in plesk first, otherwise IIS won't respond to the host headers properly and will display that terrible plesk default page :)

Thanks one more time Stephen. I bet Jodohost loves having you in there. You should ask for a raise man, you'll get it for sure!! LOL

Well, coming back to the issue, so I'd need to actually create the domain in Plesk and have domain2.com setup with its own "A "records right?
Then figure in Plesk how to create the alias.

Will try now, lets see how it works.

Thanks again

you don't need a add domain2.com as a domain. You need to add it as a domain alias. Please follow below steps.

Log on to Plesk >> Domains >> Click on domain1.com >> Here you will see domain alias option under website section.

Manish is correct here.

About me, I am not in it for the money, :D I love my job, I love working with the staff here, and I love helping the clients too!

I'm trying Manish suggestions now. The story is a little longer since I'm reconfiguring all my domains in my 2 VPS(email included). Moving the production ones into one and the developments and testing into another.

About you, I'm just kidding. I'm 100% sure that you love what you do and I've seen proof of that in multiple times. Just trying to make a joke to state how valuable I think you are for this company and for all of us. Like I said before..you are everywhere(tickets, chat, forums)...and always ready to help.

Thanks and Good Luck!

Back