Domain Transfers

Dave

Perch
I have two domain names with another registrar that expire 06/08/2004 (I don't know if that is June 8 or August 6). If I transfer these accounts to JodoHost, does the transfer take place when they expire, or when I actually set up the transfer? If it's the latter, does that mean I've lost any time remaining I've paid for with the other company?

Thanks!

Yash said:
It will be the latter but you get a one-year renewal with all transfers
Sorry, Yash. I don't know if I understand what you mean. If I transfer I have to pay for a year anyway. Do you mean I get an extra year for the price of one?

OK, thanks for the info. The situation basically comes down to being what I thought it would be in the latter part of my first post. Except I was looking at it the wrong way. If that makes any sense. I was thinking that the $8.50 was the charge for a year of registration and you take over as registrar, and I lose 8 months time I previously paid. But in essence, I would really be paying the cost of the transfer only, but you're throwing in a one-year renewal.

Looks like it would be in my best interests to stay with the other registrar until closer to the expiry date, so I get that many more months for the same price.

Thanks again for the clarification!

Back