DotNetNuke

I loaded it on one of my sites last night. No problems at all. Very smooth install. Performance is pretty good too.

Still looking for some free skins and stuff. If you have any links for free modules and especially skins please let me know. Thanks.

Moose97 said:
Anybody using DNN on JodoHost? Problems? Issues? Performance?

Thanks,

MG.

I installed DonNetNuke is made my string, db and user. Now I'm getting this error on the first run:

DonNetNuke Error said:
EXECUTE permission denied on object 'GetPortalByAlias', database 'kraix_dotnetnuke', owner 'dbo'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: EXECUTE permission denied on object 'GetPortalByAlias', database 'kraix_dotnetnuke', owner 'dbo'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException: EXECUTE permission denied on object 'GetPortalByAlias', database 'kraix_dotnetnuke', owner 'dbo'.]
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream) +720
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +44
DotNetNuke.PortalSettings.GetPortalByAlias(String PortalAlias)
DotNetNuke.HTTPHandler.OnBeginRequest(Object s, EventArgs e)
System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute() +60
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +87

Any Idea's?

I don't use DNN, but I know a little about ASP.NET programming, so maybe I can help:

It sounds to me like there's a permission issue based on the line below:

[SqlException: EXECUTE permission denied on object 'GetPortalByAlias', database 'kraix_dotnetnuke', owner 'dbo'.]

Does the username you've supplied for your database in DNN have the ability to read/write/execute SQL scripts against its own database tables? You might want to try the following to see if it works:

In your DNN config, use whatever admin account you have set up through H-Sphere for your kraix_dotnetnuke database. This account should have all necessary permissions to perform EXECUTE functions. Then try to go back to what you were doing where the error occurred. Same error? If so, you've stumped me. If not, then create yourself another (NON-DBA) account in H-Sphere (give it read and write permissions) and plug it into your DNN. Does that work?

Thanks..

Michael

I agree. Sounds like a DB permissions issue. Make sure the user and password you're using are correct and make sure this user has the appropriate rights in the DB.

Back