DotNetNuke

nmh

Guppy
Does JodoHost support DotNetNuke v2.x for standard and reseller plans?

The reason I ask is because DotNetNuke requires special file permissions.

Its not often that I can complement on a web host but with Jodohost my experience in the last couple of days have been quite pleasant compared to my experiences of previous hosts in particular the response time of trouble tickets.

I am currently still trialing JodoHost with DotNetNuke. After I sort out a few issues with security access (not able to create directories from DNN) I am planning to upgrade my to a reseller account. I was just wondering if this is possibble without having to register again.

Setting up a Reseller accounts requires quite a few steps http://www.jodohost.com/stepbystep.asp. There is no direct upgrade from shared hosting account to Reseller.

After you setup your Reseller Account, support will transfer your shared account to Reseller. There is no downtime in this transfer.

dnnportal,

When you say you are unable to create directories, do you mean like for a photo glallery or such that automatically thumbnails and files photos in a folder. Do you get an error?

(the photo gallery was an example, I am just trying to make sure I understand what is happening properly)

This is really interesting as I've never encountered it before (from other hosting providers)

Basically, the problem is now solved by changing the identity (impersonation) element in Web.Config file.

My understanding is by default (not specifying in the Web.Config), impersonation is set to false. For some reason, under JodoHost environments, it is set to true which caused DNN and my test page to stop working when trying to create a directory under one which had been granted full directory access.

The issue is fixed when I had to explicitly specify impersonation to false for it to work. It is now working like a charm and it can do what I needed for DotNetNuke to do. This might be useful for other looking to host DNN in JodoHost

That might be good to know.

I can tell you that H-Sphere configures IIS a bit different than other control panels, that is probably why it is like that.

Back